World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of trips to auchmithie since my last post.

First was on wedensday i headed up with my dad we got there for low tide at around 9am. Conditions were calm but the water was still coloured.
A few hours in my dad got his first east coast coddling (returned unharmed)and new pb ( he got one in the summer half the size on loch long spinning for mackies lol) then just before high tide i got a fish on but got snagged on the rocks but after a few minutes i got it free and landed it. Was 3lb nae monster but enough for a fish supper lol. Went home around 8pm.

Second trip was on sat again went with my dad conditions were the same calm but with some colour in the water.
Weed seemed to be a problem this time was getting snagged on every cast lost lots of leads n hooks and probs missed alot of bites due to the weed. Had no action all day untill again just before high water a had a fish on but quickly got stuck. After about 10 mins of letting out line and reeling in a had to go for the break and hope a just loose the lead but lost every thing fish and rigg we packed up around 8:30pm no fish this time but will be back.

Going back up on wed or thurs gona try some other place (maybe usan) can any one recomend were to go need a deep water mark coz its gona be calm again thats easy to get to. I fish wi my dad and chaz ( two auld yins lol 60 and 57) so climing doon cliffs is out the question.
Cheers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would recommend the fishtown at usan or you can go to a place called boddin point which is very good as well , very deep water but good fishing on the right day, should still be plenty colour in the water yet

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Err Boddin and the Elephant rock areas are shallow, not deep bud. It gets a bit deeper round the corner going north.

·
Registered
684 Posts
As said Elephant Rock/Boddin are shallower than say the cliffs where you can be fishing into deep water. Elephant Rock's a tough walk back up the hill to the car too. Not all the cliff marks are for mountain goats though, if you park down at Victoria Park far end, walk up the tarmac cliff path, its flat and easy going unless you take too many leads and the kitchen sink. There are some marks that are a 1 minute walk down from the cliff path fishing into deep water. If theres a swell be very careful, some marks are closer to the water and if you go in you arent coming out again. If you havent fished the cliffs before, worth going in daylight, say after high tide and fish the tide down.Worth watching the sea for 10 minutes from up high just to gauge the size of the waves especially in winter & if theres been a blow from the NE/E/SE.

Reactions: burnie

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Adam the storms have caused some damage to the cliffs, take care up there just now, sandstone isn't that tough. Try the harder rock marks like Usan till you get the hang of things.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Im talking about the big red ones that start at Arbroath and run all the way up the east coast to Aberdeen.

If I knew which marks were the best in the right conditions I would be catching alot more Cod than I do. Fished this coast for 20yrs and still trying to figure this one out.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Good to see you at least got your supper out of one of the trips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the help guys still not sure whare we are gona fish yet but will probs be some whare between boddin and the fish town.
I'll let you guys know how we get on.
Cheers graham.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Ok Adam I'm going to try to be nice to you and give you a bit of advice, Burnie has been kind enough to advise you and told you more or less to stay away from the cliffs.you are not listening to good advice, I think you are just a young lad that's gung Ho, you really need to listen to what is being said and learn to be a bit more respectful to the people who do know about the area where you think you can fish, these lads will not answer you with the attitude you have, it stinks. I don't really care whether you like this answer or not but its a fact of life act like an idiot you get treated like one. You really need to sit down and think long and hard before you put up stupid and demanding posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.