World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am a new member , and will be in the praa sands area in august has anyone any advice on beaches to fish and rigs/tackle to use and times/tides ?also do you have to cast far or close in ? many thanks.

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Hi tdss and welcome. From what I have read praa sands is a good spot to fish. The far left seems to be the best spot. I'm sure some of the Penzance lads will be able to give you the advice you need.

·
Registered
199 Posts
tdss - i assume have a car? praa sands is good - the hendra end being better i believe. u also have rinsey close by, beach and rock fishing here is ok - beach needs a good swell tho for the rocks, plenty of good size wrasse/pollock about, follow the coast path from the n.trust car park down and to the left ( past the old mine house) and u want to go down on the RH side of the headland - there is a path there so easy to find it.

pop into newtown angling centre - the guy there is friendly and will help u.
as for casting go for the same distance as the first breaking wave all depends what ur after i suppose, if going for wrasse and pollock at rinsey just plop it in a few meters and that fine, it goes very deep there so even under your feet is good.

there is a post in the SW forum and it mentions a lot of places to go and the rigs to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts