World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Aust again today after going for the first time the other day, things started off slow... had a few reel issues and a snap off but things soon picked up.

My mate hooked into something which took the rod off the rest and part way into the water which he ran in to grab, he struck there was something big on.. after 10 minutes of battling and the fish taking him yards up and down the beach he managed to get it within site, not quite sure as to what it was but it was big and very dark, nearly black. As the fish got closer it hit a rock and manged to escape! maybe a conger?

Minutes later there was another big bite which turned out to be a nice 3lb cod! :clap3:

After that we didnt have a sniff...

We brought the Cod home and going to have it with some chips tonight :) .... on inspection it had about 8 peeler crab within its gut, nothing else.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
good effort jaw funny thing is a holidaymaker from bristol told me this morning all the cod had left the channel!!

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
good effort jaw funny thing is a holidaymaker from bristol told me this morning all the cod had left the channel!!
ha well that 3lb big gob was up on his hols as well yeh?lol you allways get a spring run up there thats why there were peelers inside..tightlines andy ilsf...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to add to the post earlier...

Thanks to our local chippy:

Very tasty that :)

The hat is special... it helps to catch the fish.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Just to add to the post earlier...

Thanks to our local chippy:

Very tasty that :)

The hat is special... it helps to catch the fish.
i can almost taste it from here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

the fish was lovely can't beat a bit of battered cod!

even managed to oven roast the rest of the fish in the oven with some butter salt and pepper which was tender and tasty!!

Nothing went to waste!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice report dude and well done, I fished Aust myself last night and lost a decent fish which i reckoned was a conger, the cod do tend to hang around longer than people expect and i have caught them well into June. Don't listen to anybody when then say the cod have gone, true there thin on the ground now compared to peak season but not all gone by a long shot! i still expect a couple of decent sessions yet before the seasons out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts