World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished right next to the old severn bridge today. Started about 4.30 and fished till 9. Very nice calm and warm evening. Fishing was pretty patchy. First cast resulted in an eel, then a double shot of codling, one of which weighed about an ounce, then slow. Had 3 more eels so decided to do some casting whilst one rod stayed out. No more fish showed and was hungry so knocked it in the head. Was an enjoyable evening, maybe they'll be there next time :laugh:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Got to love them Eels aye crusty. Lucky you missed the rain its peeing down out there now. Lets hope its a bit more productive next time.Bigger tide thursday nite so may fish better up that way.(looks like it will be a goer with me :thumbs:) was the other codling much bigger?

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
well done on beating the blank and the weather john :thumbs:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Crusty,
Hello mate,
I saw you as i was further down the bank with the missus. Two other anglers past me..
Fishing was a lot slower than expected but managed three takable sole a flounder and a codling. Also lost a good bass to peeler.........bugger
still a lovely evening..........oh and snapped the tip of one of rods clean off...snapped like a twig under casting..............bugger.......

·
Registered
137 Posts
Folks, how do you get to that part of Aust? I've fished the Old Passage before, hadn't realised you could get closer to the bridge. Isn't that shallower water though?

I'm on my way to Devon early tomorrow and thought I might catch the morning high tide at Aust.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks, how do you get to that part of Aust? I've fished the Old Passage before, hadn't realised you could get closer to the bridge. Isn't that shallower water though?

I'm on my way to Devon early tomorrow and thought I might catch the morning high tide at Aust.

Mark.
I park at old passage, at the old bridge end ther'e a turn off toward the bridge. Go down there toward the end and park near the gate, then walk toward the bridge, a good half mile+ but on level concrete so you could use a trolley. Keep going till you're on the gravel below the fossil cliff. I wouldn't fish too near the bridge as its snaggy and there's strong currents, somewhere between the massive pylon and bridge works for me
good luck :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts