World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd try Southbourne, and how wrong was that prediction....couldn't even open the car to get out the door the South Westerly was so strong, plus the breakers were out at 150 yards so I thought better of it.

A trip to Avon beckoned, the friendly windbreaked beach..or so it usually is.

I'd had a few hours down on Avon sunday, which proved tough and a blank, the wind directly into me the line was just off the minute the cast got out. Last night when I got there was no different, however I stuck at it and the wind did die down to make things easier. I was holding bottom with a 4oz gripper but it was just proving difficult to get any distance, not that i think you need it on this mark. It was going to be chuck and hope all night unfortunately as I am no geoff capes by any shape of the imagination.

Black lug out on the big rod for the first casts to test holding bottom....this yielded no catches..so I thought i've have a go with a running ledger of a groyne which worked a tad better...although this yielded a few nips no result.

It was starting to swell up to high tide so I thought right lets get big rod and chuck him off with a ledger...

I reel in the line that had been out for 30 mins...oh god bleeding weed...line goes slack....I hadn't felt this before...as it got closer the line was wobbly about like nobodies business...this certainly wasn't weed...an old boot maybe? Rubber tyre? a branch (had those out of mudeford quay the other week)...NO.....a stonking bass...in the low light it just seemed to get bigger and bigger the more i flapped about getting ready to dehook........adrenaline must had been going as i hadn't noticed how big it was....god a beast

A nice PB Bass at 50CM...

1920445_10153841525035537_1546336682_n.jpg

Absolutely buzzing I had about 2 more wraps of black, no bugger about and 2 more hours to high! this was going to be a good night I felt...

Out with another lug sausage and it was nip nip nip

A nice 25CM back on the hook

1654121_10153841557370537_593494151_n.jpg

Those were the only two to get hooked but I am sure there were plenty more to be had out there. Maybe the line wasn't set right in the strong surf.

I think i've finally worked out how to fish for bass :) Its taken a few months but i'm getting to know them pretty darn well at the moment!

Tight lines

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Ah...........that's what a good fish looks like, it's been that long since I wet a line.
Thanks for sharing and top result

Cheers
Stevo T

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Well done. Really seem to have the knack and the perseverance to get out and do it. But buya set of scales and a tape measure.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well done mate! A cracking fish........another good report too.

It will be a while before I'm back down there......I found out on Monday that I've been walking about with a broken collar bone for the last 3 weeks......thought it hurt!

Cheers,
Splodge.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done mate! A cracking fish........another good report too.

It will be a while before I'm back down there......I found out on Monday that I've been walking about with a broken collar bone for the last 3 weeks......thought it hurt!

Cheers,
Splodge.
Jeez mate that can't had been good for your casting!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I tried steamer point last night right in front of the beach huts unfisherble with weed four casts two lost rigs, shortest session ever back in doors in in less than an hour might try southbourne sunday to use up some bait, has any body fished it latly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts