World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down last night for a dunk, this isn't a very enthusiastic post to be honest.

Night started by finding out there was no black lug left in the shop....rag, slipper and Mackey it was then...

Avon has been wrecked beach wise, carnage where the steps down are which are still fenced off (what's the point). Such a shame a number of huts have gone, no doubt with there demanding champagne taste and beer money they will get the council to replace them?

The beach on that section is mighty low, the tide unpredictable and a dodgy break of wave on some sections so be ware.

As for the fishing it was slow, I had a bad taste in my mouth without having any lug and couldn't get into it, and lack of rod action wasn't helping, maybe the buggers knew? It was a slow tide coming in but it got up enough to get the Mack and slippers out with not a touch of it.

Catches came down to the quarter to two you'll do to avoid a blank of a whiting and pout.

Time to look some where else to fish I think until this beach sorts itself out condition wise.

Can't have it all can you

Tight lines

·
Registered
221 Posts
i was down steamer point on tues night, fished 8-10:20. lots of other anglers there.
All i had for my troubles was lots of weed. not one fish!
Others said they had lots of whiting, not sure if anything else came out. will give it a go again soon.
if at first you don't succeed an all that!
donny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts