World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather I'm sure we all know wasn't good sunday but it cleared down here by sixish. But with no fresh bait, only frozen lug and leftovers and fancying a session before the end of the long weekend I thought i'd go down to Mudeford Quay for the 8-1am slot for some Bass bashing.

After a bit of grub it was out to the freezer to get the lug and leftovers from my Hengistbury visit (mack, sand eel and slippers), filled the car up, flask made and the boots....full speed ahead.

On route I had venue Yips....One voice in my head said "you've got enough fishy bait for southbourne, give that a bash" then the other side said "don't be a div, just think of the nice car being right by your side at Mudeford"...."how about avon", "what for whiting and pout, don't be a donut"....when when settled on MQ another voice said "its probably crab central at the Quay, the kids would had been dunking bacon over all weekend..." then more decisiveness, maybe the bass would bite more with all that food about...i'll never know as I elected to goto Avon haha...tried and tested before and easy to get onto, I just hoped the beach wasn't busy.

The beach was dead, except someone who was tucked up against a groyne all snug out the wind and had probably done the day tides, and after 20 minutes of flaffing about to get the gear out i could tell why he was where he was behind the rocks, it was farking freezing! It felt like January again, the wind was right in the face and made even getting the gear sorted a pain.

The tide had a long time before it was worth throwing a lead out, so onto the Lug to get some lug sausages made up....god it was cold after the decent weather this week. Wraps all made, dark arriving it was time to begin.

Out with a two hook flapper and a running ledger the flapper had a mack slice on and came back slightly bashed, that might had been crabs but I actually think it wasn't, good news....they will be biting tonight.

With the wind coming in it made casting out a tad harder, south easterlys i think so blast it out east and hope it lands lol...With night drawing i looked at the clock and it was bloody 10pm...! Where does the time go fishing its a time warp! I guess a few divorce lawyers will know where it goes lol.

No catches by about 11, i was still barely getting rid of the scraps from Wednesday, maybe i should had gone with the lug from the off, the tide was streaming in, the surf aplenty and bass a plenty I think.

Whats that? i heard something scratching about behind me, was it wind? then in my left side periphery i could see a dark blob, oh god not a Rat, i chucked over some stones and the thing didn't move....on with the light to find Sonic the bleeding hedgehog! I couldn't believe it haha, no wonder I never find any shellfish leftover from a blow on this section this bugger has had them all no doubt.

1977024_10154029295720537_5212070154747976685_n.jpg

Still with 5 double lug wraps it was now getting on, i didn't plan on fishing all the tide but any longer and I think i'd had ended up in it!!! Anyway, out with double up flappers and the lug wraps and the hope of a target. I chucked one rod out and then held the other to see if bites were really happen...and yes they were.....

10245357_10154026313820537_6805089899186516537_n-2.jpg

Only a schoolie, but i wasn't complaining, i've been crabbed out here recently and I got my target, so with a last cast it was out with hope of a return big one but it wasn't to be.....

Back home to enjoy a Monday lie in.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Hi Mate
Now with a nice rag n blow lug smoothie well..........loved sonic, never seen one on the beach myself. Good read and nicely done.
Stevo T

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit weird seeing the hedgehog, If i'd had some rag he would had been quids in.

I guess he came in from the garden areas that run behind. Each to there own.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well done, I think you must own all the Bass at Avon by now.

I wish I'd given it a try this Afternoon / Evening.......went to Milford, not a touch & nor did any of the other dismayed mugs that walked by me on their way home fish-less!
I think every bait, in every combination was thrown out there, but didn't see or hear of anyone catching.

Never saw a hedgehog either ...did have a bloody Cormorant diving right where my bait was though :laugh:

Splodge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts