World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LURE TOSSER
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this season I'll be able to get out and fish some areas a bit further afield
Turn up on a Friday evening then clear off home again on Sunday, now the plan being the less I spend on digs the more trips I will be able to do.
Not having a van like the surfer boys it will probably mean I'll be kipping under canvas.
If you know of any sites that are cheap and close to some fishy venues and maybe even fancy meeting up let me know :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Spent a few nights in the boot of my car with the back seats down last year. It was ok but I think this might be better, a few kicking around for under £40 on eBay

Car seat Yellow Car Car seat cover Vehicle

I don't have the money or the inclination to use a b&b for trips, particularly when your coming / going at all sorts of hours.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Sky Water Horizon Evening Sea
Spent a few nights in the boot of my car with the back seats down last year. It was ok but I think this might be better, a few kicking around for under £40 on eBay

View attachment 317738

I don't have the money or the inclination to use a b&b for trips, particularly when your coming / going at all sorts of hours.
On last years Dorset meet went to a b.b in Weymouth town
£200 a night
Behave
Then My mate mark came to the rescue
Got a room at the green shutters pub on Portland
Trouble was they partied it two
Had to be up at six
Four hours kip I was nackered
But still good fun nice view from the pub though

Reactions: swansea Jack

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Hopefully this season I'll be able to get out and fish some areas a bit further afield
Turn up on a Friday evening then clear off home again on Sunday, now the plan being the less I spend on digs the more trips I will be able to do.
Not having a van like the surfer boys it will probably mean I'll be kipping under canvas.
If you know of any sites that are cheap and close to some fishy venues and maybe even fancy meeting up let me know :)
Shawn let us know how u get on with the reel bazz

Reactions: sawnee

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
New baby permitting i might be allowed to join you on a trip........
Can always find a wooded area that tents won't be noticed for a night or two.......
The meet will probably be my first one to try for if it's a two day affair like discussed but if I can't make that I should be able to wangle another time.
That or I can see if we can get you out to the channel Islands with me if I end up going over there for work ;)

Reactions: sawnee

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
New baby permitting i might be allowed to join you on a trip........
Can always find a wooded area that tents won't be noticed for a night or two.......
The meet will probably be my first one to try for if it's a two day affair like discussed but if I can't make that I should be able to wangle another time.
That or I can see if we can get you out to the channel Islands with me if I end up going over there for work ;)
When is yours due? I was thinking about starting a thread soon about this year's meet.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Mines a sunroof job so we are seeing the consultant feb 25th to book it in. Natural due date is 9th April so 1-2 weeks before that probably.
If i remember right not too far out from yours although mine is only no 2.
Dont get how you manage to get the permits for your trips with so many kids at home to be looked after lol

·
LURE TOSSER
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont get how you manage to get the permits for your trips with so many kids at home to be looked after lol

She don't want him hanging round the house just in case he does the deed again!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That basically means I have to pull all nighters or survive on just a couple hours sleep. It's not ideal, but needs must.
Think thats how i need to approach it. Kinda how we did it for the meet last year. No sleep drive all night fish all day and be home before bed....... Just lol

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Goes without saying your part of the plan Steve, same goes for the rest of marks minions ;)
Well im in if the thumb alleviates the pressure for a weekend (will be seeking parental assistance to pre-occupy the wife and kids). Will make sure we do some trips to suffolk aswell.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.