World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, off to fish maryport prom for the first time, will put up me report when i return in the n/w forum and on northeasttopmarks. meeting up with a couple of lads from the n/w forum who have fished it before.
wish me luck.

Carl.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good luck lads, hope you have a good one where ever you end up fishing.
I'm going up to Roker this morning to use up the bait i've got left, but thats it for the weekend, work and beer taking preference LOL

·
Registered
451 Posts
its getting better just taking me spinning rod and going to float fish and pluck over the side to try and catch some early pollock or wrasse
I thought it was still too early to spin.

I'll have to give it a go now.

What type of spinners do you find are best for pollock?; I've never caught anything on a spinner.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I thought it was still too early to spin.

I'll have to give it a go now.

What type of spinners do you find are best for pollock?; I've never caught anything on a spinner.
hi mate im going over the west coast off scotland the pollock come in earlier over there probs have a little try spinning but will mainly be float fishing and legering for the wrasse and pollock

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Decided to take a trip outside the confines of the north east and head west today, was going to fish maryport with a couple of lads from Kendal.

Left the house at 11am and got to carlilse for about 12.45 when my phone rang. it was one of the lads from kendal to say that we may be better off fishing whitehaven pier as there may be a better chance of a fish.

so off i went on my way to whitehaven. 2 tractors endless amounts of slow moving caravans and a learner driver later i finaly reached whitehaven at 2pm. Pulled up at the bottom of the south pier and rang steve who was already fishing with his mate, told me hed had a plaice on his first cast then another on his 3rd. I thought great just what ive come for, so off i went full of hope.

Got to my mark set up and cast out, first cast got the worst birds nest ive ever had and didnt have my spare reel loaded up with line so had to do it on the pier. Sun then went in and became overcast and windy.

from then on no-one had a bite, until i managed to pull in the smallest dab i have ever seen, took a pic but cant seem to get it onto the comp from my phone. it was about twice the size of the size 1 aberdeen that it swallowed.

nothing else all day even though i tried every bait i had, yellows, rag, mackerel, mussell and crab. Mind you After asking the locals who were coming off if they had caught anything, it seems i did well not to blank today.

anyway had a good day out fishing somewhere different and meeting up with 2 good lads from kendal, the 2 lads are planning a trip over this way when the fishing picks up.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welldone carl very nice report and a good day out ,just in the the wrong plaice at the wrong time mate i guess,like a say ,its better ....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
hi carl ... glad you had a good day and got home safely .. you will struggle to get that poto on the forum it woz that big lol lol lol .. let you know a/s/a/poss about the boat trip ... see ye soon ... steve ....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts