World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! New to the forum, thanks for having me!

I'm moving to Ponta Delgada next month and am wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on good shore marks, especially on the south side but really anywhere!

Would love to go after bluefish and barracuda and Atlantic mackerel but happy to take anything i can get.

Cheers!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Shore fishing is difficult, due to cliffs and big big waves. the wee harbour at Caloura is a nice spot. Guys there spoke of catching congers, believe it or not.

Great catches are taken from boats - all sorts of species.

At Ponta Delgado harbour, I saw large fish passing by, deep down in the evening....

National restaurant in PD was good.

·
Registered
20,769 Posts
Shore fishing is difficult, due to cliffs and big big waves. the wee harbour at Caloura is a nice spot. Guys there spoke of catching congers, believe it or not.

At Ponta Delgado harbour, I saw large fish passing by, deep down in the evening....

:) I've caught congers in the Med and Gib. They're the same as ours but they have a more pointed tail. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cheers for the response, I love a bit of rock climbing so looking to find some big deep ledges with lots of current. No for everyone I know! Seems Bluefish, Barracuda are possible from the rocks in some places but need some local advice on where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts