World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bait Anxiety Sufferers Syndrome

I’m suffering from this affliction. Do you recognise it?
  • All the reports say that even the small-boy’s-dogs are catching
  • All the family are sorted and not put out by you going fishing.
  • You get to fish your favourite mark!.
  • Your tackle’s fine.
  • The tide is right and the weather’s not bad.
  • BUT ...You didn’t get to the tackle shop.
  • SO … you’re not too happy with your bait!

(THE LAST TIME you were there you had this bossting Rag, thick as your thumb, and the Mackeral fillets were really fresh.

The Lug was black as coal and

You had some cracking (!!) Peelers.)

BUT THIS TIME ….well the rag and the lug was what you still had from last time and you froze it instead of chucking it to the crabs. It’s soft and glutinous and there’s more elastic than worm on the hooks. Your carefully formulated Sardine oil and Ultrabite is OK but has upset in your bag and has soaked everything!

NO CRAB and the fish bait, such as it is, is frozen and thawed and re-frozen, and …….get the picture!

So you sit there and you worry! Your cast was fine but you can feel the crabs down the braid, and THEY are enjoying the vaguely fishy bait, BUT NOT THE FISH!

No bites at all!

The air is full of the sound of others bagging up

(Bird’s Eye have even sent a van for some scraps!)

BUT YOU STILL DON’T GET A BITE!

So what bait could I have brought with me that would have caught something?
What outlandish bait have you used in desperation and caught on?!?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
well i think it has o be a (tiny) dab on bacon ind, or the small founder i caught by shelling winkles until i had enough to fill a size 1 hook,
or the 4lb bass i caught on a 10mm section of king rag, but that was more of a plesent surprise!!!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Most economical bait has to be the two inch bass disgorged from the mouth of a largish whiting I caught-on the hook it went and I managed to land another three before it was to shredded to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts