World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 1- Saturday 29th Sept - Things can only get better

Bouyed up but the news a double figure bass being caught:notworthy

Tide and time for venue seemed perfect but wind direction not so good but you have to be in it to win.
(Tides4Fishing gave 6;13-7;13 as optimum time)

Arrived at the mark with magnetreel around 5 pm and worked our way along the shore.

I went ahead of magnetreel got past the position I wanted to fish and began to work my way back.

Spent a little time at what I thought was the better part, magnetreel still away behind, saw him waving.

After a short while he appeared to be screaming and beckoning me back so I obliged.

Having been re-united with his DFR 9' 6"St Crouix and his precious lure he had caught 3 bass around 40cm
missed three takes and had seen a much bigger one.

Then he proceeded to catch his fourth a huge take on the surface but only a small bass,
this was not on, and getting out of hand.

I had decided to face my nemisis and wind my reel left handed and now felt reasonably comfortable.

So I needed to know why he was catching and not me, and persuaded him to change rods.

He was casting 5-10 yards further with a 95mm gunfish than I could cast a 115mm gunfish on my rod.

Whilst we swapped rods fish were jumping on the edge of the reef, a garfish leaped out of the water
and seemed to skim on the surface for quite some distance, who was chasing who?

His rod felt like a twig to my telegraph pole

After a couple of casts with magnetreels rod ( which I tried about 3 times and never really got on with)
It felt like Excaliber in my hands I cast out and made the edge of the reef, couple of turns and fish on.

Nice little bend in the rod resulted in

I gave him his rod back in disgust didn't want to catch any more of them.

Really I did not want to give it back but if I hadn't I would have grown to like it too much.

I'm now dreaming of a 10 '6" version same rating it would be perfect, but then I,d only
break or scratch it.

I returned to my rod and had a few swirls and felt one pluck at the lure but no hook up,

even had two fish come up each side of my lure but they turned away.

We moved on and carried on fishing but no further joy on surface or shallow divers.

It had been a good evening but another BLANK for me.

To the Gates of Hell- Sunday 30th Sept - Playing with waves

Up early to meet magnetreel at 5:30 but arrived at his home at 5:10, luckily he was ready.

Our intended venue was closed so we decided to go back to the ledge of doom.

The long walk still weary from the eveng before, wind not as forecast wrong direction

Waves looked fishable so we commenced

The tide was still coming in and spray from the waves as it hit the ledge covered us.

Not deterred we fished on, the waves were growing bigger, several times we
were pushed back.

Even smaller ones were a problem for magnetreels little legs

Magnetreel had a take but lost fish after a few seconds, a while later he hooked
a mullet on an agel kiss but it dropped off whilst landing.

Was that a little ray of light, or heavanly intervention in the horizon.

No!

We continued to play with the waves taking small breaks when it got to dangerous
but no more signs of fish apart from diving bird about 1/2 mile out to sea.

We eventually gave up and weaved our weary way back, it felt like we had been to
the Gates of Hell

Looking back

There's always a ray of light somewhere on the horizon.
The problem is getting there.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Great post, and super photos. When the sea is like that, I admire your courage for being in the waves. As an elder statesman with a game leg and a congenital clumsiness problem, I look for a nice shingly beach in such conditions.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,731 Posts
Wow , your reports are so worth waiting for :notworthy:clap3::notworthy:yeah::thumbs:

Can you do mine for me :g:

Not long now sir and your phone is going to ring , sorry its been long time waiting , but i want it to be perfect as i can get it , and whole season has been up and down .. next bit of consistency and game on :thumbs:

PS , no way in hell are you allowed to do pics and a detailed report like this on my grounds :nonono::bleh:

I wont fish much so you can use my rod for the whole session:thumbs:

You may well like it , happens to be the same as your mates , :yeah::icecream:

Easy to use , light as a feather , casts miles , steely feel to it , works softs , surface , all plugs , spinners , just perfect for what i do :clap2:

Tames big fish easy , and what i really like is it bends in to the average fish i catch of about 2 , to 2 half pound all year round , (get 10 times more under 3 pound than over )

Cant stand fast , stiffish rods ... :yucky:

SEE YOU VERY SOON .... You wont need lures , i got one thats a secret lure , that worked in a secret way will keep you entertained :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
similar looking hills to here,but not the sea clarity when there's a blow:uhuh:,looks beutiful lure ground,great post..

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Brilliant report and great photos :notworthy, thanks for sharing :thumbs:.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your replies :thumbs:

Not long now sir and your phone is going to ring , sorry its been long time waiting , but i want it to be perfect as i can get it , and whole season has been up and down .. next bit of consistency and game on :thumbs:

Really looking forward to it:clap2:

PS , no way in hell are you allowed to do pics and a detailed report like this on my grounds :nonono::bleh:

Thats for certain, I'll be in shock from catching bass and won't be able to hold a camera lol

any pics taken would be at your discretion and for private use only

I wont fish much so you can use my rod for the whole session:thumbs:

You may well like it , happens to be the same as your mates , :yeah::icecream:

Easy to use , light as a feather , casts miles , steely feel to it , works softs , surface , all plugs , spinners , just perfect for what i do :clap2:

Tames big fish easy , and what i really like is it bends in to the average fish i catch of about 2 , to 2 half pound all year round , (get 10 times more under 3 pound than over )

Cant stand fast , stiffish rods ... :yucky:

SEE YOU VERY SOON .... You wont need lures , i got one thats a secret lure , that worked in a secret way will keep you entertained :thumbs:
Love secrets

Great post, and super photos. When the sea is like that, I admire your courage for being in the waves. As an elder statesman with a game leg and a congenital clumsiness problem, I look for a nice shingly beach in such conditions.
I thought you were decribing me then, the minds still young but the body is showing signs of wear
just love the waves but a bit more wary and keep an eye on them now

loved that ,thanks for sharing,.there's an old saying that says u get what u expect,its a mind set .change that and u will catch.:thumbs:
Always expect to catch big one (see it in my dreams every night).

Always go out with a positive mind, can't wait to get out again

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thanks for a beautifully descriptive report and super pictures. Hope you get that big bass. It will be well deserved.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Manictoo,

As 333 has indicated, the peak season is here. Bass are feeding hard and I will be amazed if you don't improve your PB before the year's end! (I'm amazed that you haven't already done so!). Anyway, Mark will sort you out on that front - insist on at least a couple of 6lbers before you let him buy you lunch!

Cheers,

Kes.

PS - If I didn't know better, I would say that shingle shoreline in the piccy of your gar looks familiar!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your reports always make me want to pack the car up and drive to the coast, quite impressive considering it was a blank! Always enjoy reading and nice to hear of someone having as much success as me. ( only kidding I'm sure your due a whopper soon. )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts