World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im going to be in babbacombe on hols in august just wondering what the fishing is like

i'd be greatful for any advice

cheers

Todd

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My tip if you're shore fishing would be to head about three miles up the coast to Shaldon/Teignmouth and fish the Teign estuary.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If your heading to Babbacombe You can fish the pier for Mac and gars at high tide but can get pretty crowded.My advice would be to head for long Quarry nearby which is an excellent rock ledge mark and well worth the scramble down.Expect plenty of mac and gars at any state of the tide along with some small pollack.Wrasse can also be caught close in as welll as occasional Conger at night.
Ledgering is a bit hit and miss but anything can turn up,mainly Dogs though.
Hope this helps cheers Rock Goby. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great for float fishing,use a slider.Spinning and feathers work fine as does bait spinning.To get there find the Focus DIY type store in Babbacombe with Garden centre attatched.Walk up track next to this and across grassy bit called Walls Hill.At the end of this you will see a small brick shelter.There is a gap in the fence here that leads to the Mark.Take care as is V.steep and can be slippery after rain,don't wear flip flops!!!! :D

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Back in the 70's when I lived in Exeter, every Tuesday night was either Hopes Nose, steep slippery path in the wet for mac, pollack & wrass or the natural arch at Meadfoot Beach, a bit of a scramble and you have to judge the water as it comes thro the arch sos not to get your feet wet. (wellies not required and too slippery for on the rock) for Pollack. Not as hairy as it sounds and perfectly safe in anything under a f4 even in the pitch dark with only a lit Tilley and a torch to find the way.
In 3 years it never rained at those venues on Tuesday nights even if it was cats and dogs the Exeter side of Telegraph Hill!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts