World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this as a bait? First time my mate Pete asked me to go Beach fishing with him, year before last, I said OK. It was an on the spur of the moment decition to go the next day, we had no bait. I went to the local Chineese Supermarket to see what they had in the freezer. I bought a small box of squid, I also noticed they sold baby octopus, cheap! so I bought a bag. We blanked, in fact we blanked whatever we used everytime after that but that was down to inexperience. To look at the baby octopus it looked like a good bait to use because of its size and covered the hook well. I wasn't a total novice at fishing, I had done boat fishing years before. Now I have a bit more idea about what I'm doing I'm thinking of trying it as a bait again! Just wondering if anyone else had tried it?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I bought an octopus from the reduced counter of a local supermarket a while ago and never got a single bite on the stuff even though Dogfish were taking other baits I was using, It's not a bait i'll be trying again. I did buy a bag of baby cuttlefish from a chinese supermarket though and as a tipping bait it proved to be better than squid at the time so it might be worth a try if you can get hold of some.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
I bought an octopus from the reduced counter of a local supermarket a while ago and never got a single bite on the stuff even though Dogfish were taking other baits I was using, It's not a bait i'll be trying again. I did buy a bag of baby cuttlefish from a chinese supermarket though and as a tipping bait it proved to be better than squid at the time so it might be worth a try if you can get hold of some.
I wonder if the reason was the bit I've highlighted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts