World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

Back from a lovely week in Dorset. Due to time and schedule of things to do i didn't get the chance to do much fishing. Had one session yesterday morning fluff chucking off Chesil beach before breakfast. I gave up after an hour and a half after picking up 60 Mackerel and 1 fish that looked like a mackerel but must have gone 2lb and was leaping out of the water ojn the way in. I think it's a horse mack but would be interested in anyones thoughts.

Hope to get some pics up of that fish and some mouthwateringly good looking rock marks that we could only dream about on the east coast.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Nice one John. Just back from Northumberland. Some great fishing there and had mackerel and codling to 4.5lb on the same feathers while boat fishing. How does that work??

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
photos as promised

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Lovely pics, I'm just back from Dorset but the western end. as coalie says you got yourself a Shad.

·
Registered
730 Posts
nice pic's John, see you went out to Portland - I'd really like to do a spot of bassing from there, but the swell always looks so damn big n scary! How d'you like the campsite?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Camp site was fine thanks, showers and toilets were very clean, we found ourself a nice little pitch up the hill in a corner next to some trees. We went down to Portland on Monday and there was a storm ranging in the channel which made it quite spectacular down by Portland Bill.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good pics John, I had a shad of around 2lb from Salthouse on Sunday morning, they are a bit like a giant herring to look at.
Another one to add to the species list anyway mate.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Shaun, for a small fish they give quite a good fight, mine was leaping out of the water like a marlin on the way in. I notice that the British shore caught record is only about 3lb so looks like we both had specimens

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi Shaun, for a small fish they give quite a good fight, mine was leaping out of the water like a marlin on the way in. I notice that the British shore caught record is only about 3lb so looks like we both had specimens
Blimey, yes mine gave a cracking fight to and came out of the water when I got it near the beach, thought it was a bass at first when I saw it flash silver in the water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts