World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

New to the site but have fished S.Wales/BC/South coast for a few years. I'm back from Moscow for a few days next week and I am gagging to get out and do some fishin (the ONLY thing I miss being in this country).

Just checked the BBC website and the weather looks grotty for next week. Any suggestions where to fish around Cardiff with a strong SW?

I was thinking of either Aberthaw/Ogmore/Porthcawl or the Knapp (as a last resort) but not sure with that wind.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
737 Posts
with the forecast i would look to fish porthcary at low fishing towards the knap or sully isle fishing the monkey pole both marks the wind should be mainly behind you.try mackie and peelers .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome andyb. most marks around cardiff r ok on westerleys, foreshore, penarth. ranny. or where nat has suggested, good luk 2 u m8........

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I have fished Penarth in strong South westerlies and found I was quite sheltered, have seen some good fish come off there in these conditions.

Unfortunatly cant go this weekend

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. How can I get to Porthkerry? I remember going there as a kid. Can I get through the park at night and walk to the shore or is it closed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts