World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a Roseland mark last night with Aj (Sunfish43) on the hunt for the elusive Thornie!! Got to the mark around 8ish set up a distance rod with a double Eel and blasted it out, set up another heavier rod with squid and Eel and lobbed it out, 10 minutes or so after the baits being put out the distance rod bent over and the rachet screamed off, struck into it and within a couple of minutes landed a little female Huss of about 2 and 1/2 3lb ish :happy:. Not what we were targeting as such on the long stuff but nice to see and she put up a fair fight for her size!! As the evening went on we had plenty off activity on long and short casts, but nothing was connecting until Aje had a small Doggie which he was very pleased with :whistling (not) lol, around 1am ish I saw a very small tap tap on the heavy gear left it for 5 minutes then picked up the rod to bring it in and check the bait and felt another light tap tap struck and reeled into it, shouted to Aj fish on!! And a few minutes later landed a very unhappy male Huss which came in like a Banana as the pennel hook had caught in his Dorsal fin :unsure: Aj scrambled over to rocks to get his scales and it weighed in at 10lb dead so just over my pb Huss (female) of 9 1/2lb on Aj's old dodgy scales lol (Still reckon she was 10lb lol). Great evening and good conversation with a mate :thumbs: got home at 3am very happy with the double figure Huss :victory:

Sorry the pics ain't to good my phone don't like taking pics in the dark!!!

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fekallfish/?action=view&current=Photo057.jpg

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Hey fek dodgy scales or no it still gives you a better idea than a guestamate,i'm going to bin em and get another good set,checked them against my other set and a bucket of sand and your huss is a pb.
It was a nice sesh lastnite this morn but man am i tired today well done fella on the huss.Aj.

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
Welldone on "one oh they bullusses" christian,keep going and i reckon you will get a mid double for sure!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congratulations on achieving a PB Christian:1a:, well done. Can't beat having a good set of scales with you on the mark just to be sure of your weights:sun:. I can just imagine Aje's delight at catching the doggy!!!!:mad: Unlucky on the thornies tho guys, maybe next time.:wacko:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welldone on "one oh they bullusses" christian,keep going and i reckon you will get a mid double for sure!!!!
Hopefully Tommo :) and thankyou, with the hours we put in we deserve one!!!

Congratulations on achieving a PB Christian:1a:, well done. Can't beat having a good set of scales with you on the mark just to be sure of your weights:sun:. I can just imagine Aje's delight at catching the doggy!!!!:mad: Unlucky on the thornies tho guys, maybe next time.:wacko:
Thanks Jules, oh he was very happy lol skipping around the rocks waving his arms around to the fishing gods :roll1:

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
Hopefully Tommo :) and thankyou, with the hours we put in we deserve one!!!

Thanks Jules, oh he was very happy lol skipping around the rocks waving his arms around to the fishing gods :roll1:
Speak to phil and Aj,i will be up to fish for some huss with you lads if you want to fish one of the marks that i KNOW has double Big huss!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
Good on ya even it wasn't for the target species a double figure huss is always good to see (if I remember rightly!!!)

Surely a mid double fish is around 50lb???? That would a mutha f***er of a huss!!! lol:roll1:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Am I being thick?? ****allfish seems to differentiate between the "small doggie" that AJe caught and the Huss he caught. I thought Huss and Dogfish are one and the same??!! In Scotland I always knew the fish as Dogfish and it's only since I've been fishing in England and Cornwall that I have heard of them as Huss. As I said before I'm probably being thick! :confused:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Your not being thick at all matey. There is a big difference between between the 2 Huss (Greater spotted dogfish) are much more powerful and grow probably 10 times the size with Dogfish Lesser spotted going to about 4lb although a doggie over 2lb is a damn good fish

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your not being thick at all matey. There is a big difference between between the 2 Huss (Greater spotted dogfish) are much more powerful and grow probably 10 times the size with Dogfish Lesser spotted going to about 4lb although a doggie over 2lb is a damn good fish
Thanks! It must be the lesser spotted I used to catch, they were never more than about 40-50cm and were quite "tame" to reel in. I didn't realize there were 2 different types - oh well, you learn some thing new every day... :fish:

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
Good on ya even it wasn't for the target species a double figure huss is always good to see (if I remember rightly!!!)

Surely a mid double fish is around 50lb???? That would a mutha f***er of a huss!!! lol:roll1:
I know someone that caught but didnt land a bullhuss estimated at 40lb,but that was from the same place a 100lb+ conger was caught and landed from,also recorded by the press.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.