World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,

Fished the back of Battery Point on saturday,
arrived at about 11 fished the tide down for a few hours and back up to high water. Not alot of action until high with only codling, then as we moved up onto the ledge i had a good bite which resulted in a strap eel of 3lb, which took a whole squid dropped in short. I rapidly baited up another squid on a pennel pulley and cast it further on to the sand. which resulted in a nice ray of 14.9lb .................BUT, i didnt reel it in, i was realeasing my mates lead which was trapped in the rocks at the bottom of the ledge, when i heared him shout 'you have a bite' ....... 'alrite' i reply and attempt to climb back up the ledge to reel in the beast, but unfortunatly im not a mountain goat and slipped back down to the waters edge. My mate shouted 'Your rods going to go in!' 'Grab it' I replyed, he therefore reeled it in and i was at the waters edge and landed it, .........who do you think should claim the fish ??????

See attached pictures,

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The only time I dont go fishing with him and look what he caught! Work ey....gutted but still a crackin fish!

We were down there Thursday, and the amount of rubbish down there, well Im not going to start, but me and Cezice picked it up...

:)

Ben

·
Registered
866 Posts
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Hi lads,

Fished the back of Battery Point on saturday,
arrived at about 11 fished the tide down for a few hours and back up to high water. Not alot of action until high with only codling, then as we moved up onto the ledge i had a good bite which resulted in a strap eel of 3lb, which took a whole squid dropped in short. I rapidly baited up another squid on a pennel pulley and cast it further on to the sand. which resulted in a nice ray of 14.9lb .................BUT, i didnt reel it in, i was realeasing my mates lead which was trapped in the rocks at the bottom of the ledge, when i heared him shout 'you have a bite' ....... 'alrite' i reply and attempt to climb back up the ledge to reel in the beast, but unfortunatly im not a mountain goat and slipped back down to the waters edge. My mate shouted 'Your rods going to go in!' 'Grab it' I replyed, he therefore reeled it in and i was at the waters edge and landed it, .........who do you think should claim the fish ??????

See attached pictures,
well done mate my freind had one there last year like yours theres a few comeing out now well done nice fish

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
same here unfortunately:(
nice fish though:)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice Fish Ceri...

Moving a bit earlier this year..

Im heading down the clevedon end of the seawall on Wednesday after work to see if any bass are showing yet.

I'll let you guys know how it goes..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ye let us know how you get on, and as soon as you get moved down here,
have a good one mate,

Ceri

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing wrong with that....nothing wrong with keeping it either if its going to end up on the table.

ye, it is nice to see them flap their wings and swim off back into the murkey waters of the bristol channel though, i have heared that they taste of ammonia ? But then others say that they are just like skate ??

cheers,
Ceri

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fair play for putting it back mate..

But to be honest the ray's we get in the channel dont taste great.

We're hoping to be moving down around the end of April mate but my fishing gear wont be around for sometime after that as I dont have anywhere to put it yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ye iv heared the same thing about the chippys useing it, but i agree with you they realy are a beautifull fish and i dont think i would kill one, not that i have any thing against people who do ( dont want some thing to kick off now do we!)

That ant too long Mike, soon as you get your gear down here let us know.

·
Registered
550 Posts
They do look awesome when you put them back

One of my fishing buddies caught one 9.6lb and killed it and took it home. I had to walk as far away as I could so I couldnt hear or see him do it, Just makes me feel guilty and cruel.

Hell I even appologise to the worms before I thread them on the hook. lol

Though saying that he said it tasted horrible so he hasnt taken anymore lol.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
They do look awesome when you put them back

One of my fishing buddies caught one 9.6lb and killed it and took it home. I had to walk as far away as I could so I couldnt hear or see him do it, Just makes me feel guilty and cruel.

Hell I even appologise to the worms before I thread them on the hook. lol

I'm the same with peeler crab, i push a knife through its back on the little hump where the heart is it kills them instantly then i feel ok peeling em. Peeling crab alive is forbidden on my boat but my buddies like to do it openly on the beach in front of me just to wind me up. :uhuh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts