World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather forecast was was for light SSW today, yet when arrived at the shore it was blowing quite a moderate westerly, but at least it was dry, and remained so all day. Quite a big tide, 8.2 metres locally, and it carried a lot of weed plus other debris. Started by looking for a few peeler to boost the bait supply, then drove to Carsethorn for a short days sport. Five of us were the only anglers on the shoreline today. Peterthefisherman, Andy, Bmac, Tickety boo and myself. Lines out, two rods each an hour and a half after low water, just as the tide began to flood. Not too long to wait for the first fish, a flounder to Peter, then a slow but steady stream of fish came ashore. Not much caught during the retreat to the groynes, then a few again at high water at 15.00 hrs. Lots of weed during this period made things a wee bit difficult, but managed to cope with it. The heaviest fish of the day was caught by Peter, a fine flounder of 1lb.9oz. I stopped at 16.00 hrs. leaving the lads to continue for a spell, which they enjoyed, as the sun was quite bright by this time. The tally then was 64 flounder, most of decent size. Peter had the most with 18, followed by Tickety with 16, then myself with 13, Andy with 10 and Billy with 7. No doubt the others would boost that score before the day was done. Obviously with 64 fish landed we should be very happy anglers yet I was a wee bit dissapointed that we did not hit the ton, which this mark can provide on a good day. Nice to meet Tickety and Bmac though.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Fear not Dab Hand................................
Final tallies;

PeterTheFisherman 31
Ticketty Boo! 24
Bmac 21
Andy 20
DabHand 13

Total = 106 flounders and a suspected plaice to me. Bmac had 4 doubles in the last 40 minutes to boost his tally. Peter and I both had fish of 41cm, and between us a further four of 40cm. Everybody managed to bag double shots. Thu Dumfries chippy was visited on the way home and we all went away very happy chaps.

I have to say a very, very big THANKS to DabHand for his very generous hospitality, supply of bait (the remainder of which will be frozen) and extreme friendliness. He is one of the very few remaining true gentlemen.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Well done guys sounds like a good day was had :clap3: :clap3: Might have to head down tomorrow, was peeler the only bait producing?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have to say a very, very big THANKS to DabHand for his very generous hospitality, supply of bait (the remainder of which will be frozen) and extreme friendliness. He is one of the very few remaining true gentlemen.
Yeah thanks dab hand :clap3: :clap3:

Great day once again with the troops, Most enjoyable :) : Peter i will give you your prize next Saturday...... Then win it back!!!:)

Lewis, I had 4 fish on Razor and we also had a few on Ragworm but Peeler was the top bait today.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done lads, seems that you had a very productive spell after I shot off, just glad it was a good day for you all. Next time I'm not going to leave early so as to have a couple of pints before tea, and end up being tail end charlie.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Thanks for helping with the bait etc Dab Hand. We had a marvelous day - I dont remember all the scores but I got 31 which I am really pleased with :)
If the sea in front of him hadnt disapperared - BMAC would have finished with some score - he was catching double shots one after the other at the end !!!
Wee Andy fought back well in his wee end groyne and chucked it on 20 fish. Ticketty did well and had a great catch - all in all - a great day
Peter :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts