World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Well it was time to come down off my cloud and get back to reality after my recent pb shore Conger. Thanks to all for the great comments.:clap3: Well appreciated!

So, me and my photographer Richie :) :) :) set off today travelling light for a sesh at Monknash. The weather was great and the sun was shining with a light wind coming from the East. I thought f./,>./n great! Perfect fishing weather......NOT!
Anyway things didn`t go so bad as 2nd cast I landed a nice little Pouting on a Sandeel clip down. We had walked well along the beach to the sand and were enjoying the peace and quiet when, fcuk me! a load of guys on avon inflatables came revving onto our little bit of sandy beach! :boat::boat: We couldn`t believe it. We were practically in the middle of nowhere and they chose our little fishing spot to come and play about with their boats! Anyway, for the next hour we didn`t have a tap until at last they moved off and disappeared over the horizon. A short time later I had a bit of a knock and landed a nice 3 Bearded Rockling. Then disaster, my faithful Shimano Biomaster, which I have had for the last 10 years and which I thought would go on forever, finally packed in on me. :schmoll: The gears had stripped, probably with the recent exertions of landing my Conger. So I had to pack in and head for home. Just hoping Veals can deliver inside 24 hrs so I can get down the Pebble Beach on Friday morning!

Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
good report and pics there rich - lovely rockling too ........
what a fantatstic looking fish.....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:clap3: ur still catching m8 well done really nice conger wot u had:clap3: TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
is that the sort of rockling that some people would use as a conger bait ?

seems such a shame, lovely fish
i think most people would use the smaller rockling known as the 'shore rockling' as bait.... have'nt heard much people using them before.....
have seen an eel caught on a black goby before though....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Beautiful Rockling. The words "cute" spring to mind. Just wait until you see the pic of the small eyed ray I caught tonight. Its profile reminds me of the B2 Stealth Bomber!!!!

Nick (aka "Squid-U-Like")

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done rich, shame about the pratts on the boats, they seem to think they own the sea!!!!! im sure veals will be able to sort you out by friday. and that is a beautiful looking rockling:clap3: :clap3: you seem to be flavour of the month with all these fish your catching, so when i bump into you i will be giving you a big hug , to see if any of your luck rubs off on me....lol:blink:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
RP,

Congrats on your PB Conger and what an absolute cracking looking rockling. Hope you get many more.

Woodster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts