World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a gap in my fishing. Had garden projects and my snorkeling rib to sort out . I'm confident I've not missed much. I was considering waiting till the 2nd week in August to begin the double campaign. I just couldn't wait any longer. I wouldn't want to get out of practice and the other half is sick of me under her feet . So it was off to dig some bait and straight to the mark . 5.0m tide with a 0.7m swell . Arrived 1hour before high at 9:45pm . Mark chosen was the shingle east. Light north wind 7mph. As I approached my mark I looked down the beach to see a lure fisherman. Dont know how he got on as I went the other way . If your reading this boi then . Here's a little tip you were about 300 yards too far to the left for that state of tide. So I trudged the distance to my spot and proceed to make a running rig using a split ring as a runner tied to a 4oz gripper. snood was 20lb fluro to pennel 4/0 b950u hooks . Small hooks for me but as I was using worm I had to scale down slightly. I used a three prong home made bait tool to thread three worm and wipp together. The ground in front of me is steep shingle going down to sand at 30 m then dropping in to a gulley of marl bottom. First cast was dropped in that trough. Before I could even roll a smoke I had a rod wrench and that was it . Second cast missed a bang then slack. Then third time lucky had a nice twitch then pull with 43cm to kick it off . Then had a a hour of brown crab or lobster mangleing and cutting my snoods . Then like a switch being flicked the bass were back . Had another of 44cm then two hours after high when the water started shifting the other way . The bite I was here for a light tremble followed by a slow steady pull down. As I sit on top of my rod it was met with lightning precision and pulled steady back in to the fish. It gave a fair account for its self and bolted twice close in . My drag keeping any problems at bay. The fish went 5lb 2oz and was a fraction of a cm away from 60cm. Then two casts later all bait used. Wenthome with a smile. Was good to get out again. Roll on the second crab moulting useing 4 peeler as bait or whole mack. maybe throwing out tripple squid.
Water Fin Fish Tail Road surface
Cloud Water Sky Liquid Fluid
Underwater Water Fin Fish Marine biology
Water Fin Fish Tail Road surface
Cloud Water Sky Liquid Fluid
Underwater Water Fin Fish Marine biology
Water Bedrock Rectangle Natural landscape Road surface
Fin Fish Fisherman Ray-finned fish Fishing
Food Fish Seafood Fish supply Marine biology
Gesture Fish Fin Ray-finned fish Seafood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good catch report mate, I need to take that walk on the low and look for gulley. I get snagged there a lot I think I may be going bit too far out? Tight lines
Yeah . Going to far out is a issue and doesn't seem to benefit catches either. Much better to stick to the 30 m mark. But if you are going on low do your self a favour and take your rod ,reel,lead and a permanent marker with you , lay a plain lead down in the hot zone ,go to the top of the shingle ,tighten down to the lead then mark a meter length of your line by running the marker down one side of the line then the other. Mark the spot your standing in with a unusual stone or something behind youon the cliff.Then once you have some water over the mark it's just a case of casting from the spot watching the reel for the black mark to appear and feather down to land your rig bang on.馃憤

1 - 3 of 3 Posts