World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having not had any eels for a while,decided to have a go on the severn again near tewkesbury.yep,still full of eels.14 in all in a short session,though did manage a bream of about 3lb as well.first fish this year on the severn that has'nt been an eel,so pleased with that.had a nice run,but got snagged up in a zebra mussel bed.oh well,next time :thumbs:

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
Nice fishing blankerman!!! Any zander were you fish?????:thumbs:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice fishing blankerman!!! Any zander were you fish?????:thumbs:

they are about if you put the time in.
there was a very clued up polish guy next to us last night.he has had 2 recently,topping 8.5 kilos.now that is a big zander,though it was caught close to where the record camr from and i've heard of others that size.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Blankerman....... I need to come and fish alongside you for an hour or two, and find out where I'm going wrong:nonono:

Having made the transition from Shore angling in Cornwall to rivers here, I'm finding that lure fishing is a slow sport with many blanks! My last fish was a cracking 2 1/2lb perch, but that was 6 weeks and 10 trips ago!:sad2:

LOL....keep up the good work....at least I know there are fish in the rivers when your posting!

Cheers,

Frags.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunately he predators don't fall to me.did hear a big tussle of something caught by a pike or zander just up frpm where i was fishing.
thinking about it,caught a great diving beetle in a new when looking for livebait,does that count as a predator:fishing:

·
Registered
264 Posts
LOL, If a diving beetle gets hooked me lure then Im happy with that!:doh:

Went again this morning on the Wye at Ross......one large perch following, and one small pike following, but still no takes! Methinks that I may need to mothball my shore lures, and go and do some shopping!!

Any good lure shops local to Gloucester anyone??

Frags

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
LOL, If a diving beetle gets hooked me lure then Im happy with that!:doh:

Went again this morning on the Wye at Ross......one large perch following, and one small pike following, but still no takes! Methinks that I may need to mothball my shore lures, and go and do some shopping!!

Any good lure shops local to Gloucester anyone??

Frags
Have you tryed using a flying condom lure on the wye frags?????:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
264 Posts
HI Cfish,

I have one in my lure box in red that I use for Pollock down deep off the rocks. Its pretty heavy (40g), would it be any good in the river?? Never really thought of using it yet? Been sticking to my Mullet mepps, Spinners and Jointed rapalas, but having depleted my stocks due to firing them into the bushes on the other sides of every bit of water going, I'm now resigned to either buying a whole new lure range, or buying an inflatable kayak and trundling down the waterways looking for hooked up lures in the trees!:wallbash:

Cheers,

frags

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Snaggletooth..... was trying at Ross on Wye! Easy access to the bank, though the fishery is pretty short, probably only a mile I guess!

Not really sure where else to go, though it all looks really fishable?

Just been reading about a piece of freewater called Ripple up towards you a little, on Severn......Ever fished there?

Cheers,

Frags

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
I haven't but I'm sure Blanker has.

Symmons Yat and below is a good area for Pike, Raps being the best lures though dead baits are even better.

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
Ive fished at ripple by the Fleet pub,had eels and bream,my friend had a jack pike,Give that flying c a try,ive caught pike,chub and big perch on them on the wye.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Blankerman....... I need to come and fish alongside you for an hour or two, and find out where I'm going wrong:nonono:

Having made the transition from Shore angling in Cornwall to rivers here, I'm finding that lure fishing is a slow sport with many blanks! My last fish was a cracking 2 1/2lb perch, but that was 6 weeks and 10 trips ago!:sad2:

LOL....keep up the good work....at least I know there are fish in the rivers when your posting!

Cheers,

Frags.
At this time of year pike tend to lie up in deep water and go off feeding. Search out the deeper spots and use deep diving lures, dive them right down to the bottom. Best times are first and last light. Also fish the weirs.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive fished at ripple by the Fleet pub,had eels and bream,my friend had a jack pike,Give that flying c a try,ive caught pike,chub and big perch on them on the wye.

there's been a seal there recently,so it may not be that great

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't but I'm sure Blanker has.

Symmons Yat and below is a good area for Pike, Raps being the best lures though dead baits are even better.

not fished it but was going to give it a go this year.i assume the spot he means is uckinghall,if so,some good fish cme out of there,but like all parts of the severn,it can be frustrating at times,but if ou hit it on the right day,some nice fish can come out

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
there's been a seal there recently,so it may not be that great
For feks sake,thats not good!!! LOCK AND LOAD!!!! Wish i still did a bit of lamping on the fields near the river blankerman!!!LOL

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For feks sake,thats not good!!! LOCK AND LOAD!!!! Wish i still did a bit of lamping on the fields near the river blankerman!!!LOL

used to do some lamping next to the thames in wiltshire,,,,,that river looks so good at night,though my mate did'nt seem to notice it until he fell in:laugh:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what the fek is a seal in inland waters........ I assuming it aint the kind of seal Im used to on the coase!:doh:

Frags

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what the fek is a seal in inland waters........ I assuming it aint the kind of seal Im used to on the coase!:doh:

Frags
It is the seal your used too!!!! They follow the fish up from the estuary i presume!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thats mad!!

Come up here (inland) from Cornwall and I see Cormorants, Seagulls, an d now there is a seal too?!?!?!:wacko:

I reckon that Im just gonna sit here and wait for the Bass, Pollock and Mullet to arrive too!

Frags

1 - 20 of 31 Posts