World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the day started well, as I put my flask in my box a hook went into the end of my finger. I arrived about 11.00 low water about 2ish
Sea looked good, but first cast had me confused. as the weight settled it started to drag south against the tide, yes it was weed being pushed by the waves. this lasted for about an hour, and as the tide eased the wind dropped and the waves got smaller. at this point the fish arrived, 6 codletts and a ting in seven casts. but all to soon 4 inches of weed turned to 4 feet so by 2.30 I was off. no keepers but nice to see these healthy fish for myself. for bait I only used freshish worms [I bought them at stalham, and half had seen better days] maybe a try after dark with fresh worms will produce something for the pan.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I spoke to an angler on a beach north of Mundesley today and he said the weed was piled up two feet deep along the tide line yesterday.
There was no sign of it today but the beach would have been washed clean by a higher tide today than yesterday.

Guess the weed is back in the surf and moving along the coast. :(

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dosn't look good at the moment then, can be a nightmare when the weed comes on in Bacton, you will get a small time frame when the weed will go off, but its only for about 1 hr, a couple of hrs after the tide starts to flood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts