World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi crocodile, read the article and in my opinion its a bleak future for bass in this area if defra dont impose these regulations soon. Surely they know that the problem is not getting any better, i'd agree its commercial pressure and down to money. I was shore fishing at seaham 2 weeks ago and seen trawlers within a good cast from the beach, it would seem they can flout laws and do as they seem to please. Im not saying all trawlers do the same but if there fishing so close to the shore its an indication there struggling to make a catch further out at sea. Defra need to act quickly before its to late as the bass will soon disapear from our shorelines for good.
:schmoll:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'd love to see them make a Nursery around this area somewhere, it's high time something was done to protect the Bass :g:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi crocodile, read the article and in my opinion its a bleak future for bass in this area if defra dont impose these regulations soon. Surely they know that the problem is not getting any better, i'd agree its commercial pressure and down to money. I was shore fishing at seaham 2 weeks ago and seen trawlers within a good cast from the beach, it would seem they can flout laws and do as they seem to please. Im not saying all trawlers do the same but if there fishing so close to the shore its an indication there struggling to make a catch further out at sea. Defra need to act quickly before its to late as the bass will soon disapear from our shorelines for good.
:schmoll:
any idea who you would report this type of thing to?
gota be something we can do to stop it:g:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts