World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out of millford haven today tryed out new pirks from lidils got a big bite got fish to top of the water big bass o god is this my first double figure bass then it was gone split ring on the pirk had opened :eek: when i stop crying put new split rings on all the rest so if you had some of them have a good look at the split rings

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bad luck Graham, You'll get him next time.

Fred

·
Banned
20 Posts
a little trick i do, once i have made up the pirk, i put a few 1/2 hitch knots on the split ring failing that and if short of time i lock split ring with super glue
never had a ring openning since

·
Registered
224 Posts
i often buy cheap lures etc but i allways replace the split rings and trebbles too. i know this is a bit late but i too learnt the hard way. remember to replace the trebbles too

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
unlucky graham, but can i borrow a good one from you on the 24th, only jokin, i got me own m8?was there much happening besides this lost biggie?

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I bought a box of 'em in Aber's Lidl branch so thanx for the heads up on those split rings!

Was planning to wang 'em out to max distance from deepwater rock marks so shall investigate the split rings definately!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes poacher we returned alot of pollack wrasse some coddling coalfish lots of dogs then went on the banks had a lot of small dabs good fun on my spinning rod and 5 lb line i will see you on saterday and sunday :D

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Thanks for the info I bought 6 various boxes of gear and will now change rings! The tips on glue etc were helpful too! The carbon fibre boat rod they sold is great but I'm not sure about the quiver tip to go with it!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts