World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Welsh Television Fishing Series 'Sgota gyda Julian Lewis Jones has been nominated for Best Sports Programme at the Prestigious BAFTA Wales Awards.
The Ceremony will be held on Sunday Evening 30th September at the Wales Millennium Centre hosted by Alex Jones from BBC's The One Show.
We are absolutely thrilled with the Nomination and would like to thank all of you that watched the Series and supported us over the past 2 years!
We are currently working on making Future series, will keep you posted!!

Let's hope we win!!

Diolch Yn Fawr! Many thanks!!

·
Sole Man!
1,680 Posts
Nice one Julian!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
Not a lot of competition really in Wales against this programme. Saw the last series and thought it was dreadfull (all boat fishing - like watching paint dry). Missed a great opportunity to concentrate on various good shore marks around the diverse Welsh coastline.

Tight Lines

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi
Not a lot of competition really in Wales against this programme. Saw the last series and thought it was dreadfull (all boat fishing - like watching paint dry). Missed a great opportunity to concentrate on various good shore marks around the diverse Welsh coastline.

Tight Lines
Bit harsh there mate.

Havent seen it myself but will look out for it in the future. Cant undrstand welsh lol hope it has subtitles

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Cracking series, it is available Adam in subtitles and well done, hope there's many more to come, we need more UK based sea fishing programs not only foreign climates, would like to see Julian back in Norway to after shore halibut,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Tight Lines
Hi, really sorry you thought the programme was dreadful and that we missed a Great Opportunity.Yes, there was a lack of shore fishing in some episodes I agree, but we did shore fish twice and our brief is quite a difficult one.To travel from the Extreme south of the UK to the Extreme North while taking in different Species and methods,to fish both Salt and Freshwater and to make Entertaining Television.We included England,Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
We fished alongside great characters, Introduced Young Anglers and tried to show the diversity of our Coastlines.We had only 3 days to film each episode,no matter what the weather.Considering that we don't seem to be having the best summers in this new decade of ours I thought we did pretty well.I would love it if you took us out in the next series and showed us the great diversity of Shore fishing we have off the Welsh coast.There is nothing like Local Knowledge particularly when it comes to Shore Fishing!We were originally supposed to fish for Tope off the Beaches on the Isle of Man in one episode, but due to Flight cancellations (Due to Hurricanes!) we had to re-think! These are just some of the problems that you encounter while trying to film a Fishing Series.I am currently developing a new series and will take note of your observations.
If we can fix something up for next summer so that you can be our guide and take us shore fishing for one episode that would be great.Many thanks for your feedback!

G

·
Hi, really sorry you thought the programme was dreadful and that we missed a Great Opportunity.Yes, there was a lack of shore fishing in some episodes I agree, but we did shore fish twice and our brief is quite a difficult one.To travel from the Extreme south of the UK to the Extreme North while taking in different Species and methods,to fish both Salt and Freshwater and to make Entertaining Television.We included England,Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
We fished alongside great characters, Introduced Young Anglers and tried to show the diversity of our Coastlines.We had only 3 days to film each episode,no matter what the weather.Considering that we don't seem to be having the best summers in this new decade of ours I thought we did pretty well.I would love it if you took us out in the next series and showed us the great diversity of Shore fishing we have off the Welsh coast.There is nothing like Local Knowledge particularly when it comes to Shore Fishing!We were originally supposed to fish for Tope off the Beaches on the Isle of Man in one episode, but due to Flight cancellations (Due to Hurricanes!) we had to re-think! These are just some of the problems that you encounter while trying to film a Fishing Series.I am currently developing a new series and will take note of your observations.
If we can fix something up for next summer so that you can be our guide and take us shore fishing for one episode that would be great.Many thanks for your feedback!
Well said,

It was an excellent series.

The drinks will be on Julian in the Railway.:thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately 'Sgota didn't win the award, but for a fishing programme to be one of only three programmes shortlisted for the best sports programme is still some achievement. Well done all at Telesgop, Jules and Rhys.

Byron.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.