World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a Macnab before, the description from a shooting magazine is as follows -

Historically the challenge of ‘bagging a Macnab’ meant the shooting of a grouse, a deer and catching a salmon… all in the same day!

Now obviously this doesn't apply to fishing, but you can adapt it to suit your own wishes and goals.

My own personal Macnab this year will be to catch a tope (either shore or boat) a bull huss from the shore (double figure) and beat my own PB of a 5lb 8oz bass.

I know the real macnab is done in a day, i don't think mine is realistic but hope to manage it by the end of the summer.

Anyone else have their own Macnab planned. might be intersting to see what the other forum users have their sights on.

G

·
Has anyone heard of a Macnab before, the description from a shooting magazine is as follows -

Historically the challenge of ‘bagging a Macnab’ meant the shooting of a grouse, a deer and catching a salmon… all in the same day!

Now obviously this doesn't apply to fishing, but you can adapt it to suit your own wishes and goals.

My own personal Macnab this year will be to catch a tope (either shore or boat) a bull huss from the shore (double figure) and beat my own PB of a 5lb 8oz bass.

I know the real macnab is done in a day, i don't think mine is realistic but hope to manage it by the end of the summer.

Anyone else have their own Macnab planned. might be intersting to see what the other forum users have their sights on.

Funny you should mention that the other night my mate caught some nice bass. Then I saw a couple of dear on the beach and on the way back a rabbit. Bit of a Chef's dream :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
mine would be a double figure smooth-hound(shore), double figure ray(shore) and a 20lb + fish( boat). dont think thats too much to ask for.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Cardigan Bay Grand-Slam: double-figure small-eyed and a 5lb+ bass and 5lb+ turbot in the same session. Have had them each separately from various local beaches in the past, and I do emphasis past! - so to get all three in one go would be possible, though statistically very unlikely! Still it's things like this that keep us coming back for more, er, dogfish!

Cheers - John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts