World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a decent bait areator i dont really want to use one of thoses clip on ones but if i have to i will.What i am after is one i could properly fit to my barrel that i use to keep sandeels in ive googled it and cant find one anywhere.thanks scott:)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
there was one on ebay for 9 pounds ,do a search and you should find it .

tight lines m8

mark

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The eddystone tatler kit is good for keeping sandeel, small fish and prawns a live. It costs £24.99 for the container which folds flat and the pump to go with it. I saw the Powerstorm version in a tackle shop aswell and i thought that looked just as good. I cant remember the price of the Powerstorm one, however i think it was quite a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
24,222 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get a decent bait areator i dont really want to use one of thoses clip on ones but if i have to i will.What i am after is one i could properly fit to my barrel that i use to keep sandeels in ive googled it and cant find one anywhere.thanks scott:)
Scott ,
If your tank/barrel is at home uses a standard aquarium tank air pump and a marine air stone. if you keep then in a dedicated fridge drill the side of the fridge body and feed tube in from the external pump the the container .( that way your pump will not get all damp and sweaty from vapourised salt water )

I have a 2x D cell air pump that clips on the side of a bucket ..it eats batteries even rechargeable ones , I seem to get about 4 hours air from each set. my pump came from a tackle shop .

If your keeping your eels on a boat a simple 12/24 volt water pump running all the time you are anchored is usually enough make sure the over flow works to be off loading from the boat not into it and that it cannot get blocked by an eel ....try caravan /camping equipment websites.or a chandlers , maybe Machine Mart even .

My last 6 -36 volt DC submersible pump( 6 years ago ) cost me £19

David

·
Registered
890 Posts
hi all i have the 30 gall tank,but i never keep it full and i rigged up my own pump to replace the water, you just need a couple of plastic skin fittings from a plumbers shop some hose and a small deck wash pump,fit the pump to your transom
or you could just replace the water using a bucket

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The eddystone tatler kit is good for keeping sandeel, small fish and prawns a live. It costs £24.99 for the container which folds flat and the pump to go with it. I saw the Powerstorm version in a tackle shop aswell and i thought that looked just as good. I cant remember the price of the Powerstorm one, however i think it was quite a bit cheaper.
That's the one I've got and the price I paid for it. Was gutted to see the same one on eBay the other day for half the price!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts