World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please help with information reguarding "bait digging" insted of going for the weekend walk, i fancy a go at ...trying to dig for worms... i dont have a pump so its the fork any help with venue/tide time/method will be very much welcomed.....hoo... and im taking the wife so nothing hair-raising please

thanks peeps
Russ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
new to this melarkie said:
Could anyone please help with information reguarding "bait digging" insted of going for the weekend walk, i fancy a go at ...trying to dig for worms... i dont have a pump so its the fork any help with venue/tide time/method will be very much welcomed.....hoo... and im taking the wife so nothing hair-raising please

thanks peeps
Russ.
hi mate if u no where they found that big whale down at the light house then thats a half tidy place .u can get down to the worm about 3 hours after high water trenching i find is best but fill in afterwoods i normaly get enough 4 2 seshs all the best mate

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Marshy is right about the "trenching" method this time of year anyway, look for an area that has a lot of worm "casts" (like a piles of turds), & dig a trench about 4/6 spades wide (down the full depth of the blade), then work your way backwards creating a trench the 4/6 spades wide until you run out of worms & have created something that resembles the Somme in 1916!
Then before you go home get the wife to backfill it again while you have a *** & clean the worms off, sorted!
blueskip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts