World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if something like this is available in the UK? It’s called a Berley Dropper Blue.
Think it would be ideal for ground baiting when Bream fishing. Can only find them in Australia!! Think the design looks really good.

·
Registered
19,589 Posts
Anybody know if something like this is available in the UK? It’s called a Berley Dropper Blue.
Think it would be ideal for ground baiting when Bream fishing. Can only find them in Australia!! Think the design looks really good.
:( Pic doesn't open 4 me. :(

·
Registered
784 Posts
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UFISHPRO-Chum-boat-kayak-fishing/dp/B07S1VFFH5 Found this !!
But to be honest just have a spare rod with a heavy weight, put weight in a carrier bag and secure the bottom of the bag to the weight, fill bag with chum/burly and drop the whole lot to the bottom.
lift up and down a couple times and the chum will be left there.
As long as you let it go to the bottom without stopping the pressure of the water on the bag will keep it closed and stop it from "spilling" its contents till it's down there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Manicdev, I’ve read about that method a few times. For some reason I’m just not convinced. I also like the idea of having a dropper stored on the boat ready to go at a moments notice.
I just hoped there would be a longer lasting option. I must confess the item you found looks good but at £63 delivered seems a bit over priced. I think I’ll price up getting some pipe and using the original design to try and build by own with some acrylic and some araldite!
Appreciate your suggestion, thank you

·
Registered
784 Posts
the carrier bag trick works a treat.
It sure does, the best leads are the cannon ball type and the best bags to use are the really cheap thin ones as they turn inside out as soon as it hits bottom and you jig it up for the first time.
I also cut the handles off the bag just so there's absolutely nothing for it to catch on to stop it working.
Those bait droppers can clog up and not release all it's contents, then your trailing bit's all the way back to the boat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks like a garden bird feeder doesn't it? You can buy a good feeder for a fiver! Would be easy to drop a couple of stones in the bottom to weigh it down -just the job

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cheap bird feeder with a big weight chop ground bait up small works fine on bream,or plastic carrier bag job as above works fine for chunking. Made a proper dropper out of 4” drainpipe with a flap door held in by rod with big weight on it ,lost it, now use the bag and bird feeder, work a treat.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
I have an Australian Berley Bomb, sent to me for review but I don't think anyone imported it. The bag method works fine. The problem with the berd feeder type is that in any tide at all it will swing up off the bottom unless you have a tonne of lead to hold it down, and then it becomes another thing to tangle with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts