World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been using baitelastic for a while now but my bait still seems to slip down around hook point,especially with eel and crab? is there a certain technique or is it just a case of wrap it round and round lol? my bait sometimes spins around the shank when im tying too?

G

·
find the finer grade of elastic some are too thick , when tying , grip hook and bait with fingertips placing the tag end of elastic under ur thumb , wrap elastic round several times TIGHTLY as bait should not spin , pull for a break in the thin elastic when u feel the bait is secure enough . its all practice

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it sounds like I'm doing it right, maybe just not tight enough, I have very fine elastic and if I pull too tight it snaps!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Have you thought of putting a smaller hook up the line and make it a pennal rig,
Just lash ur bait on then slid top hook down give it about 3 twists of line then put it through top of bait it wont go anywhere then,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh could do I suppose might be worth a try when using bigger baits! Cheers

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
When using soft baits I tend to finish with half a dozen wraps above the hook eye actually on the line, stops the slip

G

·
pondfish and berkamp said what i was going to say, meanstreak just finished it, one thing to add, get yourself a bait elastic holder, it keeps it clean and lasts a lot longer, nowt worse than going fishing with elastic that has rotted,:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wrap the bait with elastic then wrap the hook to the bait with elastic , this exposes the hook to avoid it being covered . :blink::secret: You can also use a pennel rig once the bait size gets too big .

·
Registered
105 Posts
with bigger hooks i twist thin copper wire or a paper clips a couple of turns around the middle of the hook leaving 2 prongs.
If you can`t get a tight enough twist a blob of super glue to keep it in place.
I have a few already made up in my tackle box ready to tie on
Then when baiting up just lay the bait either side of the hook and wrap away with the elastic

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
with bigger hooks i twist thin copper wire or a paper clips a couple of turns around the middle of the hook leaving 2 prongs.
If you can`t get a tight enough twist a blob of super glue to keep it in place.
I have a few already made up in my tackle box ready to tie on
Then when baiting up just lay the bait either side of the hook and wrap away with the elastic

I know where you got that idea from..... :yeah:

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.