World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if it is just me BUT....... shop bought lug in Ipswich at the moment is a load of :g: :help: :wheelchai :doh: :cry: and thats on a good day.

I hear and read reports of bait 10 out of 10 from shops in the north of the county

I could understand this if the Lug had walked to our shops but ..... all I seemed to get is a few good uns on the top and the rest is a dead sloppy mess by the time Im using them in anger.... which is very annoying as there is fish out there Gagging for it !!!!

Come O wise ones what is the problem

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I dont know if it is just me BUT....... shop bought lug in Ipswich at the moment is a load of :g: :help: :wheelchai :doh: :cry: and thats on a good day.

I hear and read reports of bait 10 out of 10 from shops in the north of the county

I could understand this if the Lug had walked to our shops but ..... all I seemed to get is a few good uns on the top and the rest is a dead sloppy mess by the time Im using them in anger.... which is very annoying as there is fish out there Gagging for it !!!!

Come O wise ones what is the problem
yep worms are totaly :schmoll:
normally get them from my brother up in beccles

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Tackle up in felixstowe has never let me down for worms, its not in ipswich but it is well worth the extra few miles, especially if yuor going to fish Felixstowe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The chaps at Saxmundham fishing shop have always sold me very good bait. they are very helpful to..
As Aitch said James does good bait too. He supplies a lot of the match anglers and clubs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Got to admit to a bit of a failure here. I am not a very good digger, but i know 2 proffesional diggers and 2 retired diggers who have shown me when and how to dig worms.For every 1 i get they will get 2 or 3. However, i always manage to get more than enough for myself. I had heard digging was hard at the moment but on monday set off to dig my own bait to go fishing on tuesday.The digging was s--t, worms good size but very deep.After 2 hours backbreaking work i only had 75 worms! I gave up and walked into jetty anglers to top up. I willingly coughed up my dough,cos beleve me, its bloody hard work out there at the moment.

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
its not only there. i was watching a guy counting them out for his orders in my local tackle shop.:blink: :uhuh:

i couldnt beleive that those thin 3in long worms were getting sold. if you were using a 4/0 pennel you would need 10 to make up a cod bait.

i,m really pleased i dont have to buy mine. if i was digging i wouldnt even dream of picking those worms up.

but people still que up to buy them. thats why they sell them. if only people would refuse to buy these worms there would be no market and the diggers will have to work a bit harder to get better worms. or you should at least get 50% more for the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts