World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i'm off down west cornwall for the weekend, going to fish somewhere on saturday. but first i have a few hours tomorrow arvo to kill and i was thinking of digging some bait.

I heard a while back that you can dig lug in the hayle area, maybe out by the river mouth? does anybody know for sure and if so, how do i get to the area? if not halye where ese can i dig? is there much at marazion at the mo?

thanks crafty

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Get a vingler and scrape some sandeels. Wear a rubber glove on your collecting hand (weevers) and put any you find in a plastic pouch round your neck. Keep ,em alive in a bucket of seawater with an aerator (shakespeare do a cheap one, it eats batteries unfortunately). Good luck!

philtherod

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it not too early for sandeels, just asking as I fancy getting some, but I thought they were away until late spring.

Peter

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did have a few eels 2 weeks ago, but not from west cornwall more east! when i say a few i mean 6 for about 1.5 hours work, so not really worth it then. but i may give hayle river mouth a go, there may be more there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts