World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently saw in a book a bait net made out of old bike wheel nettin and weights etc....i never thought about it, until sunday after a nights fishing caught a nice bass, on gutting it this bass had prawns in it stomach, so came the idea of the net again, it says basically make the net and walk with it along the pier etc

has anyone done this method before if so what are you likely to get, it claims prawns, and is dragged along the sea floor or mid water>?

thanx

eva

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Do you mean prawns as in Norway Lobster/langoustine,or shrimps? The salmon fishing guys used to catch shrimps on clean beaches by walking backwards with waders shuffling their feet in the sand and pulling a 'D' shaped net like a landing net behind them.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx bob not sure what i mean prawn wise they were about an inch and bit long the ones i found in the bass, have seen tiny ones in the shallows when digging lug.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Sounds much more like shrimps.The codling are often full of them as well in the summer but I've never had any luck with them as bait.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could well be bob thinking back they do look like bigger versions of the shrimp you get in the rock pools, is worth trying dragging the beach, or think the ones the bass had in it would have been from far out?

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
You would be better using it as a drop net from a Pier for hermits, you will catch all sorts with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts