World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Reading a few posts about worms and shell fish being washed up on the beaches recently, this may sound like a silly question but.....

Isnt the bait already washed out seeing as it has been dead in the sea? We change our baits on a regular basis as they loss scent and washes out

What the difference?

Sensible answers only please :)

Lee

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Slippers tend to stay in clumps and if they are moist then they stay fresh

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Hello all Reading a few posts about worms and shell fish being washed up on the beaches recently, this may sound like a silly question but..... Isnt the bait already washed out seeing as it has been dead in the sea? We change our baits on a regular basis as they loss scent and washes out What the difference? Sensible answers only please :) Lee
Let's be honest there are so many whits about a bait don't get chance to wash out !

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Hello all

Reading a few posts about worms and shell fish being washed up on the beaches recently, this may sound like a silly question but.....

Isnt the bait already washed out seeing as it has been dead in the sea? We change our baits on a regular basis as they loss scent and washes out

What the difference?

Sensible answers only please :)

Lee
A lot of the worm is still alive and partially gutted....more than good for fishing bait. As long as they "firm up" when slapped onto the stones, they are good for fishing bait.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
you have a very good point :clap3: would I rather pump my own knowing its perfect or have some that rolled around the seabed for a tide or two me I'm very very fussy on bait, especially for matches but would I turn down some free bait NOOOO WAY but saying that I wouldn't drive from Herne bay to dungy on the off chance of picking some up :kissing:

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
We was fishing a friendly.match on.monday,and fish was caught all the way along, just as much as bait we had took down there,all spieces,dogs,dabs,tings Codlings, rocklings,.
Made no differance what so ever!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Had a look this morning hoping that yesterday's storm would have thrown up some bait, lots of shellfish but even that was only in patches. 1 lug... Perhaps it will be my lucky one?

·
Registered
23 Posts
is there likely to be more washed up over the next few days? I was down there last week and there were plenty of razors just laying on the beach although the lug was slightly harder to find. there was plenty about though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts