World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being totally new to shorefishing, I get a bit confussed re bait presentation. Reading through loads of articles, it does not actually tell you how to do it. As I understand it Lugwork is hooked through the head and tied with tread, but would the rest of the worm be dangling freely? or would you hook it a few times though its body aswell? I know this probably is a very silly question.... :huh:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hi Cisco, not too much of a silly question most people either hook the worm head or tail first, what I tend to do is hook the worm tail first using a baiting needle allowing very little of the worm to dangle below the bend of the hook. The reason for hooking tail first is that lugworm normally contain sand within the tail segment, Im not quite sure which way is considered the best, but anyhow hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:D
Hi guys,
only been fishing 14 months but find a pennel rig (two hooks on snood) works best with lug I tend to hook thro' head andslide worm up the shank past the eye. Then after winding two turns of line around top hook, hook lug again thro' head then turn tail up and hook again with top hook. You can add more lug hooking with both hooks and wrapping some bait elastic arond to make more secure and leaving hook points protruding well
Alternativley add some mackrel,squid or sandeel for an extra enticing smell
Whatever you use make sure your hook point is showing or you wont hook your fish
My daughter caught her fist bass at weekend using sandeel/mackrel cocktail on a float with a pennel rig below :D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I just normally thread the whole worm onto hook. Starting with the head, and slide the hook all the way through the body. I tend to thread 3 lugs worms on and tip it with squid to help stop the work from flying off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for the replies. That cleared up a few things. No doubt I'll be back for more questions!
Thanks again!
-C ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts