World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poacher
You promised to describe this modification to me once I had my pump, can you take a digital photograph & e-mail it to me? or are you not able to do that?
Otherwise can you describe it for me so I can get it done?
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poacher
tried to e-mail you through the Forum but you have selected "not to be contacted by e-mail or private message", you can e-mail me at [email protected] no problem, & add an attachment or a scanned image.
Dying to see how I can save bending my back, I have an idea that it will resemble the old "stirrup pump" extensions we had in the army, an extension bar with a hooked handle top welded onto the body, and the actual pump handle cut off just below the top & a section of solid bar welded in, I bet I wont be far off with that description!
Probably take 2 of us to carry it down the beach!
blueskip

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
no. u keep the handles on. i av e. mailed u. my e.mail address. but am goin 2 send u another address in case u cant get me in that 1. lendusaworm gets me on the 1 i sent u easy. others dont. so they use the 1 i am sending u now. hang on a mo.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jury
I tried to put a photo of my dinghy up but they only allow a very small jpeg file (something like 46kb) best thing is for me or Poacher to e-mail it directly to your e-mail address same as he is going to do for me.
blueskip

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
oh yes by the way blueskip. i asked mike2 change my e.mails on the forum, so as i can receive them, he sent me message saying hed done that 4 me, but u said u cant get me on them.. well did u no that u cant get them either. u have said that u dont want 2 receive them either m8....or u can go to user cp at top of page, and go to edit options. i didnt no that,till mike told me. did u no that, i didnt no that, but now i do no that.and feel better 4 it.heehee..

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
For some strange, strange, reason when the forum was reloaded on this server from the old backup - it set everything to NO! So I have to go and manually change about 800 accounts now. Bugger. I'll start a new thread on the Sea Fishing forum later and you can post your usernames in for those who have already sorted their user cp's out :D

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mikejr
I understood about 1 word in 10 of what you just said, is that some vague mandarin dialect or computaspeke?
blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Basically blueskip, last week we had some problems with the company who host this site for us, they where dodgy to say the least. So we moved over to a better, more reliable and sadly more expensive one. Because of this we had to remove all the info from the old host and reload it on the new one. When you do this for the forum you extract it as a database so technically all the info should be the same when you swap it over to somewhere else. But, instead most things were fine except the bits which you (forum user) can customise, for some reason when the forum database was loading here...it ended up deleting all the info that sets up your own personal settings, setting everything to NO. So if you had your info set up to accept e-mails from other users via the forum that info was set to NO instead of YES. Long winded I know, but that's what happened!

Your USERCP is there to customise how you use the forum. If you click on USERCP on the right hand side, and just have a mess around, especially in the Edit Options bit you can change the way you view the forum. I reckon everybody should go in there hand have a delve ;) You might find something useful in there, if there are any cockups, just let me know and i'll try and help you out.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
computaspeke yes. in other words, u couldnt send me e.mails via the forum, and mike has explained why above, i tried mailing u through the forums, but it said u didnt want any e. mails. so mike has got 2 put it right for us. it was a mistake, so poor mike has got to put it right. and dont 4get 2 remind me when u go for razor please..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Poacher
I reckon I will go on Monday or Tuesday I dont like weekends, too many people about, can u do any of these? (Monday preferably) otherwise I will have to fill a sack on my own!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had a look in that UserCP that Mike recommended, I reckon I could wipe my details off the forum & screw up my hard disk in there, in 2 mins! That will get a distinct miss from me!
blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Blueskip, I've changed the settings for you to proper defaults. So you should be able to recieve e-mails through the forum, send and recieve private messages etc etc.

I'll set a weekend aside to do and check the rest of your accounts.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kikejr
There is no doubt about it Mike "you are the man"!
blueskip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts