World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My eldest son lives in Newport and keeps asking if I can take him fishing down at Friars point, As we would be getting the train down from Newport I was wondering wether there are any places to buy bait within walking distance of Barry island train station or would i be better off bringing bait with me( Ill be traveling from Bristol and meeting him on train in newport) so unable to get any bait on the way in newport or cardiff. many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi, My eldest son lives in Newport and keeps asking if I can take him fishing down at Friars point, As we would be getting the train down from Newport I was wondering wether there are any places to buy bait within walking distance of Barry island train station or would i be better off bringing bait with me( Ill be traveling from Bristol and meeting him on train in newport) so unable to get any bait on the way in newport or cardiff. many thanks for any help.
hello karlos theres not a tackle shop at all over the island but theres 2 in barry itself mate myself would say use reg aspinall in cross st barry its only a 5 min walk from the barry dock train station fella then get a taxi over to the island if you need hes phone no i shall pm it to you baits need would be mac/squid sandeel/ tight lines

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
you could also try barry angling, geralds, he is on the main road going down to the island tight`uns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts