World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Is is still allowed to dig lugworm from the South Gare river side.
There was a romour a few months ago that it was to be banned. I was unable to confirm this
Regards
codfisher1

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,
No replies yet! I am surprised?
I dug lug there last year and know there are a few locals also collect bait. Perhaps I should be more specific the area known as bran sands near paddys hole
codfisher1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have heard rumours many times over the years of digging being stopped and all the tyres to be removed but I was digging there a few weeks ago with no problems. Noticed quite a few people gathering cockles which is not allowed but I understand this issue is being dealt with

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have heard rumours many times over the years of digging being stopped and all the tyres to be removed but I was digging there a few weeks ago with no problems. Noticed quite a few people gathering cockles which is not allowed but I understand this issue is being dealt with
Many Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try when there is a good weather forcast suitable for boats.
I only need a few score each time. Mail order baits are not suitable for short notice trips. Nothing beats fresh bait.
Being nearly 70 gone are the days of digging 200 worms for my father and I.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Many Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try when there is a good weather forcast suitable for boats.
I only need a few score each time. Mail order baits are not suitable for short notice trips. Nothing beats fresh bait.
Being nearly 70 gone are the days of digging 200 worms for my father and I.
Been there and got the T-shirt codfisher1! Many a time I was digging bait in winter for a late afternoon session, but 9 times out of ten we took codling home with us.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been there and got the T-shirt codfisher1! Many a time I was digging bait in winter for a late afternoon session, but 9 times out of ten we took codling home with us.
I know what you mean. Straight off night shift from the bsc bos plant onto first day off. Dug bait ate south gare at 7am . Launch boat at 9am to return at 2pm redcar via lifeboat slipway. Boy do I sleep those nights!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts