World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
If I cant get hold of worm for bait, if I buy some herring or mackerel from supermarket would that be suitable for bait?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Probably be ok mate, i get my squid from the local Chinese supermarkets £1 a box for the same stuff you buy in the tackle shops at £2.20 a box.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
slice into the mantle(correct word?) on one side

take out tha guts and the clear plastic like backbone thingie..

Slice into a sizable piece,depending on your hook size,,weave it onto the hook and your away..

OR..U can use a whole squid if you lookin for conger or a sizeble fish..making sure its secured onto the hook well

OR. You can buy baby squid..which go onto the hooks individualy,,i usually put about 3 or 4 of em on a hook at one time

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can also get the medium and baby size squid now, the baby size is just awesome cos you can use it whole all the time. With all the ink and guts inside the bait trail lasts a lot longer.
The baby squid can also be used with worm, put a couple of worms on (lug or rag) and then tip with the baby squid. Great for dogfish Ray's, Bass, Conger, its pretty good for most things to be honest apart from the small mouthed species like Bream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts