World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the hermit crab that you can buy from a shop on ebay?? It comes frozen with next day delivery, If anyone has tried it feed back would be appreciated as i am thinking of buying some with peeler crab to make the order up.:unsure:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi mate.

I'd be interested in having a look at that could you let me know how to find it? I've done a search which didn't come up with anything. I'm thinking of giving hermit a go soon and wouldn't mind some frozen to back up any fresh i can get.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
great bait if you can get it live dont know about the frozen stuff if you know any trawler men ask them to save them for u they normally get a few 100 at a time

·
Registered
202 Posts
Find it a very good bait, when fresh, for all sorts, mainly plaice and cod, where I fish. Those terrible commercial chaps ( see they are not all bad!) have always helped me out with a supply. I have tried it frozen, but as I only tend to use the tails, I find the bait a bit too soft, albeit it is better than nothing

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Tried the frozen from Newtown Angling, nice presentation but only had whiting and a conger on them so far, makes a nice big juicy bait when added to peeler!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
if you can get them keeo them alivei n a bucket with an airator pump change the water each day i can keep them alive for weeks in my sand eel tank but they make a mess of it hardest job is getting them out of the shell i find most come out by puttig them in cold tap water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts