World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
:g:hi all can any one tell me where is the best place to buy worm around bridgend
where you from daiponty are you from ponty maybe?if so have you tried cliff harveys ?just up the road from you tightlines andy ilsf...:)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
:g:hi all can any one tell me where is the best place to buy worm around bridgend
Its no distance to Port Talbot up the M4 & they breed their own ragworm, & import their lug daily from Holland, they ALWAYS have fresh rag & lug, & they are a couple of £ per lb cheaper than the tackle shops, if you are close enough dont bother going elsewhere!
blueskip

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Its no distance to Port Talbot up the M4 & they breed their own ragworm, & import their lug daily from Holland, they ALWAYS have fresh rag & lug, & they are a couple of £ per lb cheaper than the tackle shops, if you are close enough dont bother going elsewhere!
blueskip
Hi bule skip not haveing ago at you or what to up set you but that worm is SH1T mates have used it and will never again LUG WORM IS FULL OF WATER and the RAG well thats just CRAP tight lines

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have used the rag from Dragon baits quite a few times and caught, Flatties from the Loughor. schoolies from Swansea bay, doggies from Mumbles and cod out on a boat, and I will use it again.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Guys,
I use Dragon baits Lug and Rag on a regular basis. The Lug might be kept in tanks (They do live in the Sea), but it is far healthier than a lot you buy from shops, not as good as Black, but have caught many species on it. With regards to the Rag, I have found you get nearly double the amount pound for pound. It lasts for days, if kept cool and have caught: Bass, Codling, Bream, Wrasse and LOADDDDS of Dogs on it. Used from the boat I might add.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
698 Posts
nothing wrong with dragon baits worm....ive allways caught fish with the bait from there and on our last session me and dolly had our 3 personal best fish on it including a 4lb 9oz pollack and a 4lb 2oz wrasse, and on previous sessions have had upto 40 wrasse between us on one day, so i think that says it all......and anyway kieth in ewenny gets his rag from there aswell.......:bleh:

·
Registered
71 Posts
gotta agree with flex and the rest of the boys, never had any probs with dragons worm caught loads of fish on them past, ive heard this view of its crap and it dont catch before and dont agree as 90% of tackle shops in s.wales get their rag off them, ive been in the shop when anglers corner in milford have come down and picked up a big order, as for the lug i dont fink its as good as locally dug worm but ive still caught plenty of fish on it, so i fink the majority of you have caught fish on their worm you just havent realised it.:doh::g:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
nothing wrong with dragon baits worm....ive allways caught fish with the bait from there and on our last session me and dolly had our 3 personal best fish on it including a 4lb 9oz pollack and a 4lb 2oz wrasse, and on previous sessions have had upto 40 wrasse between us on one day, so i think that says it all......and anyway kieth in ewenny gets his rag from there aswell.......:bleh:
gotta agree with flex and the rest of the boys, never had any probs with dragons worm caught loads of fish on them past, ive heard this view of its crap and it dont catch before and dont agree as 90% of tackle shops in s.wales get their rag off them, ive been in the shop when anglers corner in milford have come down and picked up a big order, as for the lug i dont fink its as good as locally dug worm but ive still caught plenty of fish on it, so i fink the majority of you have caught fish on their worm you just havent realised it.:doh::g:
Right lads next winter you two come with me to a cod mark i have you use your sh1t and i use mine see who as the most cod out i know where my money going tight lines

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
last time i was in dragon baits i saw the orders for the tackle shops there, there were a lot of tackle shops that got thier worms from them ewenny was one, i have bought the rag from there and found it good (from the boat) big fat jucy worms and was well over the 1lb that i paid for,

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Right lads next winter you two come with me to a cod mark i have you use your sh1t and i use mine see who as the most cod out i know where my money going tight lines

i have a £10 on rockling:)

that bugger could catch with no bait:unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
698 Posts
....oh?..have we hit a nerve?:g:

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
i get my worm from the same place as rockling and it aint farmed thats for sure, and its cheaper than dragon as well.
not saying you wouldnt catch fish on dragons bait but put it alongside dug worm and it will come up 2nd everytime.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
i get my worm from the same place as rockling and it aint farmed thats for sure, and its cheaper than dragon as well.
not saying you wouldnt catch fish on dragons bait but put it alongside dug worm and it will come up 2nd everytime.
i dont think many would dispute that, but lots dont have the option of getting fresh local worms. if it didnt catch they would be out of buisiness in no time. even tackle shops o the northeast coast are selling there rag and locals do ok on it.

personally i hate it but i collect all my own locally.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts