World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and need a little help please. I am in Poole next week and hope to do a little bit of fishing. Could anyone give me some info on Baiter Park, in particular what state of the tide to fish and if the there are any paticular places to fish from, as when i visited before it looked featureless and a bit shallow.
I have read this is a good bream mark but if anyone could suggest another venue that would be appreciated.

Casablancan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a crack at Baiter Park Wednesday, we fished about 100 yards from the outfall sluice, on fresh ragworm, only managed 2 small bass. One guy walking by said no one ever catches anything here, were we in the wrong place.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've not fished there myself but know of some who rate it as a flounder mark later in the year. I also thought I saw a thread on here about bream or maybe my mind is playing tricks again:bangin:

Sir BlanksAlot

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
info on Baiter here

you summed it up , shallow, featureless and fishable over a few hours each side of high, like a lot of Poole Harbour marks. it does produce fish, but not always.

for other places to fish, click on the link below and scroll down to Fishing Spots

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ive been walking baiter up and down for a while now and i rekon the only mark is to the right of baiter and not near the sluice gates , depends what sort of fish you are after , its very similar to hamworthy park , and there i have to cast out to the moorings! to pick up the bigger stuff

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've not fished there myself but know of some who rate it as a flounder mark later in the year. I also thought I saw a thread on here about bream or maybe my mind is playing tricks again:bangin:

Sir BlanksAlot
Np your mind isn't playing tricks with you. ;) Baiter park has produced some nice size Flounder & the odd decent Bass to but is more of a winter rather than Summer Venue.
If you walk along the Footpath (towards the sluice gates) you will see numbers on the path, these are peg marks for competitions :fishing::whistling

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Captain and Yesido, i had a pleasant morning fishing, and didn't blank. I probably won't be back until next year now and hope to be a bit more adventurous, possibly try Kimmeridge or Dancing Ledge but i understand these can be risky with strong winds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts