World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi ROADKILL,

First load your needle with worms, or as we say in Scotland - Wurms.

Put the point of your hook into the hole at one end of the needle and thread the wurms up onto your hook.

That's it, no problem

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
205 Posts
when you put the hook point into the end of the needle,
you have to hold the line tight.
you hold the line and the needle with 1 hand and push the worm on with the other.

has anyone got a piccy ?
it's easier to see it than say it :D

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I would`nt be without a needle....they make baiting with lug/rag so much easier,especially blow lug.They are pretty cheap to buy,but you tend to lose them on a regular basis (or is that just me :) ) you can knock up a load yourself by putting a crimp on the end of a bicycle wheel spoke,and file the other end to a point........i`m sure next door`s kids won`t miss the odd spoke off their bikes :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Like most of you out there i have lost several baiting needles and a few weeks ago i was geting my gear ready for a fishing trip the next day when i hit upon a idea of how to NEVER LOSE A NEEDLE AGAIN. ;)
for several hours that night i perfected and tweeked my invention with dreams that every fisherman in the land would want one (they wouldnt need two).
I couldnt sleep that night as i wanted to get to the beach and try it under battle conditions, and in the morning i did just that, i dropped it here, i threw it there, i got people to hide it, but i found it EVERY TIME.
All i need to do now is find a way to get the worms over the attractor beads i superglued to the needle and i,ve got a winner.
I am takeing advance orders now for those of you who want to avoid the christmas rush. :eek:

(those of you (un)lucky enough to know me will know
this is a true story)
Best Fishes Mouse.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
since my bro started me on bait needles I use mine all the time.At 99p they are cheap enough to buy 1 or 2 for your tackle box, I keep mine with my fileting knife in it's sheath so i dont lose it.
I have the thinner sharp one and i use it for both lug and rag, but i guess you could even pass through sandeels or even joey mackerel so that the hook and snood pass right through the bait. :D

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
OK this might sound like a daft idea BUT - anyway!

If you're fishing for bass, pollack etc so you don't need a super-heavy snood:

Would a thin needle, maybe 8-10" long with an eye at one end with your snood end through the eye, thread up through say a full-on king rag OK? Because if it did you could thread the worm up the snood, then disengage the line from the needle when it's gone right through, tie on a hook and slide a pretty intact worm back down the hook-shank leaving the curve & point free to do its job.

I'm sure this would work with sandeel baits too - especially the frozen variety. It takes seconds to tie on a hook so I'm not worried about that aspect. Just wondering where to find such a needle so I can try the idea out!

If I do and it works/doesn't I'll let you all know :)

Cheers - John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.