World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks i was hoping to get out this weekend and head out some where between Balcarry - Loch Etive

Can anyone suggest a good mark, Im not looking for any species in particular just a good day out and hopefully a fish for tea, i can always get a chippy on the way home though if all else fails :)

I hear Etive is productive but i looked at some images and its massive so any directions to marks would be much appreciated.

Hope to hear from someone soon :)

Have a great easter weekend.

Jamie

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
hi

only ever fished etive by boat,but at this time of year all fish we caught were at the northern end of the loch,either side of shore,dont know names,we use to hire Ian Campells boats,now he,s forced out of business we go else where.

sorry for not being more helpfull

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply guys, i just nipped of and made a tea and you 2 had replied !! Thanks!! Awesome!

Can you think of any where productive between balcarry and Etive ? or would you suggest heading straight to Etive ?

Jamie.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
hi

only ever fished etive by boat,but at this time of year all fish we caught were at the northern end of the loch,either side of shore,dont know names,we use to hire Ian Campells boats,now he,s forced out of business we go else where.

sorry for not being more helpfull
when did iain campbell go out of business ? we hired a boat from him a few months ago
, here is a link to his website , he now operates from taynuilt slip.

http://uk.geocities.com/taynuilt_boathire/taynuilt2.html

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Etive seems only to be fishing well off the boats - in the really deep water - unless you are doing a night - shift
What about Carsethorn - see our recent thread - for decent sport with flounders ??
You might be better in East Lothian !!!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
when did iain campbell go out of business ? we hired a boat from him a few months ago
, here is a link to his website , he now operates from taynuilt slip.

http://uk.geocities.com/taynuilt_boathire/taynuilt2.html
THANKS FOR THAT

ps this means im going to get shot down in flames from my own club :(

WE WERE TOLD HE WENT OUT WAS NOT DOING BOATS ANYMORE.

but thanks for that info trip number 3 is beconing.

i tried to follow the argle and bute info on council reports this is where i got my info.

CHEERS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts