World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really sorry guys if this is an age old question and you're all fed up with answering but I have searched and come up with some stuff that I'm not absoloutely clear about.

This has only just started happening to me but the bale arm on my fixed spool is snapping over on casting and I'm losing my gear. It's happening on every cast.

Could someone either advise or point me to the right post?

Pics of any modifications are extremely welcome as they'd clear up any confusion for me.

Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
What make fixed spool is it? I had the same problem with a cheapo Salt reel so stripped it down, gave it a clean and service and it worked fine afterwards :) Some people advocate sawing off the 'wire' part of your bail arm and just leaving the hook bit needed to retrieve line, but I've always thought that a bit drastic...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
just go out and buy a new bailarm spring as these will weaken in time causing the bailarm to close prematurely in mid cast.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Daiwa Sports Ltd
Netherton Industrial Estate, Wishaw
Lanarkshire
ML2 0EY

T: +44 (0) 1698 355723
F: +44 (0) 1698 372 505
E: [email protected]

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Oh -God. I tried everywhere else apart from Daiwa themselves.

Dur!

Thank you all - end of thread.
Ask for parts dept. You'll speak to Helen probably, nice lady she'll sort you out. If its just a spring, fair chance you'll get it gratis too :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts