World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear all

We often go on holiday (all seasons) in the north of Poland and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of shore casting into the Baltic sea from the beach?

I was thinking of casting in as far as I can with rig of a few hooks. Any thoughts? Or potentially walking into the sea as far as I can and then casting in so I get a decent depth.

I was also wondering if there would be any success in setting a lobster or crab trap. I was thinking I could walk it in as far as I can, say up to a depth of 5 foot. I hope this doesn't seem like a silly question as I have no idea of lobster or crab traps!

I wish I had access to a boat but alas I'm stuck on the land so just trying to make the most of things :)

Any comments or advice greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Don

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello Don,

at the moment surfcasting in Poland is growing; there have been first competitions, and Polish Teams have also already been over to the UK to fish EOBC in the recent years.
Beach angling usually is clean beach angling, mainly for flatties, when moving further east also fresh water species, cod are pretty rare apart from winter, but flattie catches can be very good. I myself fished the Hel peninsula with Long distance flattie rigs, and success was immediate. Only challenge is to get decent bait; you will get herring in harbours, but classic Baltic sea bait like rag, or lug, are hard to get so better try to somehow collect your own.
I have no idea about crab trapping, sorry; by the way, a Polish surfcasting Club has a Facebook site, and they should be able to speak English, maybe you wanna contact them; look for 'Surfcasting Pomorze zachodnie' on Facebook, or just type in 'surfcasting poland'.
Cheers,

Dirk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts