World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
This is a very good post and some brilliant points, I see so many matches where the anglers are using what I call "coarse tackle" to fish matches so they can catch small fish for the numbers on there points score, to me this is wrong as a proper match used to be Biggest fish wins, now the little ones get targeted and dont grow to be big fish,
I am a sea fishing coach and love my job all my fishing days are catch and release,so I dont like to say but I am ashamed of some of the major fishing bodies for letting this happen they could stop the points matches completely.
Just my view no offence meant

· Registered
53 Posts
I only use catch and release myself, I do not support any other way, my answer was to an earlier thread in which it was asked how could we stop the killing of so many fish and my answer was what you read, I know how matches are fished up here I coach fishing up here in north wales and i,m afraid to say you watch how many dead fish are floating around afterwards due to misshandling etc if people dont think of a way to cut it down big time we will be banned from doing it........So I know I would rather sit with a 4/0 to 6/0 take a risk of not catching anything than be told all matches are banned because that is what will happen, read the posts on activists who are going to target fishing that would be amunition for them big time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.