World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I woke up with a hang over that needed clearing and had some bait spare from the weekend; half a pack of rag that fresh water had dripped into in the fridge (mush), half a pack of black lug, half a pack of frozen-refrozen-frozen-refrozen black lug, 6 tiny peelers (one dead and honking) and a refrozen box of squid. I couldn't fail.

Got there just after high tide and conditons where 'fresh' .

There was loads of cabbage weed and fine weed coming down with the tide, but i figured I would give it an hour. First chuck in I hit the mother of all lumps of weed, second cast was more succsessful.

Then these (in order of appearence).

Complete with the weed that was coming down in the tide.

Only pin whiting but it was a good 4 hours, I got back and have been working since.
The tide was dropping and the wind died, I had the last whiting then that was it nothing for two hours. I just sat in the sun baiting up rigs and smoking until I ran out of bait.
I did make a video of myself doing this:

I have now compile a list: Look up, left hand high, slow it down, keep right hand staight (thats ignoring my footing ) I'll get it one day.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
So where are the long leathey ones then! With all this bait too! Mind you, given the casting instructions, which are Caernarfonshire whitings and which belong to Anglesey!! Good 'matching' catch!
Just played the video! So how much, and where for the lessons?! Very smooth! Mind you I think you brave penduling off a wooden pier as I once saw a top joint disintergrate when a hook got caught in the floor! Good for you Chris - practice obviously pays off!!

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Nice one chris. will come and join you soon on the pier, not been there for a while now.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do, but I am not promising anything more than pin whiting and dabs. It is somewhere I go for it's ease of use. Once it warms up I am determined to get a Gurnard from there.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive recorded myself on my phone, but cant transfer it to my comp! was going to do the same as you mate
That was only a flick, some people starting walking up the pier so I did a gentle one to get the bait out, it went about 130yrds.

Can you blue tooth it to your phone?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
skills Chris,

although as I'm only on Dial up until next monday I'll have to wait to see the uber-cast!

tight lines

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
That was only a flick, some people starting walking up the pier so I did a gentle one to get the bait out, it went about 130yrds.

Tozer,
Think ABC are in danger of being hit !!! or is that part of the plan............:g:
Bangor Pier is your home T/Surf, cant beat a local fishing spot to walk too.....mines the mersey in stockport which is vastly improving for course anglers, but not my scene...............love the sea.
Coastman:)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
its about 10 mins walk. if you want to fish it after 5pm you have to book it as the gate gets locked , i think its a £1 for the key. Tozer will know better.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is open utill 8pm in the summer, but yeah about 10 minute I walk about 2/3 of the way from the Station.
No restirictions mate, it can get a bit busy at weekend but nothing like some piers.

that cast looks impressive Gareth, but honestly it isn't great.

·
Registered
82 Posts

not sure how it works! have sent it through email to my comp but because its .avi, cant use it on here, any ideas anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts