World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all decided to have ago down the banjo on Brighton beach on wednesday got there just before midnight and cast out a lug and crab cocktail at distance and a 2 metal boomed weighted snood size 6 hook rig baited with numerous cocktails cast short to mid range in hope of a sole. There were about another 4 people on the beach as well. HW was 2.30am first bite was a pull round on the distance rod no fish :thumbdown then the action was all on the short range rod in total I got 3 tub gurnard,1 pouting, 1 school bass (30cm) and a little starry smoothound pup on the distance rod :fish:. I packed up at 3.30am the fish were still biting but my insomnia was passing and went home.:sleeping:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was one of the other four.
We faired the same really had a few pups, and two nice sole for dinner 1 was easily 1.5lb.
Love sole, really tasty it's a real lark this fishing when you eat your catch seems all those cold hours on the beach are worth it.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
i was one of the others i had 3 sole 2 flounders 8 small hounds and 2 gurnard and mist a big pull down and beach a bass which look about 3 lb dropped off as it hit the beach time i got to the edge it was gone

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
And i was another,fishing with Alex and Clive,I blanked but i was fishing big baits on one rod so not surprising really as it was a bit calm for static baits.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good catches well done on the soles what time did you get there. Did you 3 have a look at King alfred earlier arround 8.00pm if so i was having my tea on one the benches i saw 3 guys get out of a white van was you guys?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got there around 8:30,Clive and Alex were already set up with baits in the water and sat down,no white van for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts